Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 10-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #1
Sablerose
Enthusiast
Sablerose began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch 6G
Red face Marvin work-around

I am a Marvin-lover. However, my problems with the Highlight function are getting the best of me.

Can anyone recommend another reader program I can use (Highlighting/notes being most important) until Kris can get the Highlight problem corrected? I've been stymied for several months re: editing, since the Highlights keep disappearing.

I really don't care about themes, colors, etc. since I intend to come back to Marvin as soon as I can (as I said, I LOVE Marvin), but I need something that will keep Highlights/Notes in at least 2 colors, until Marvin is fixed.

Anyone have a suggestion that would be bearable for the time being?

Thanks,
Sablerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 07:06 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Mantano and Kindle would both appear to do what you need (multiple colours). Kindle of course is not an epub reader but it is free and maybe you could convert both ways. Mantano is neither cheap nor a small download, but its looking good enough for me to give it a whirl, myself.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2014, 12:12 AM   #3
Sablerose
Enthusiast

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't like Kindle all that much (I convert Kindle files ASAP) so I think I will invest in a copy of Mantano for now.
I will keep tabs on Marvin though, and switch back as soon as I can trust the Highlights/Notes to stay where I put them.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:08 AM   #4
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sablerose View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't like Kindle all that much (I convert Kindle files ASAP) so I think I will invest in a copy of Mantano for now.
I will keep tabs on Marvin though, and switch back as soon as I can trust the Highlights/Notes to stay where I put them.
I've played a bit with Mantano today, on my ipad, and see that we can add our own sources so thats a nice touch these days when none of the readers seem to do it. I'd kill for a way to avoid publisher formatting though, and to have a decent selection of fonts. Even iBooks has more. In time, I guess. I like that we can change our margins, but I dont like that on the ipad we cant have two columns in landscape.

I guess theres quite a bit of catchup to do, given that its been on Android for a very long time.
Old 10-14-2014, 10:44 AM   #5
Sablerose
Enthusiast

Unhappy Mantano

Well, I guess that was an expensive (relatively) experiment. I found out the hard way that Mantano won't grab an entire word, like Marvin will. The tabs are really hard to get to the proper place, and I don't even know if they work sequentially, or not.

I've tried eBook Reader, CHMate Premium, and several others. I managed to obtain a copy of iBooks, but haven't checked it out yet. I had to use a work-around to get it, as I couldn't get into the App Store.

Nothing compares to Marvin. So Please, PLEASE, Kris. Fix it... I'm begging you.

In the meantime, does anyone have a (highlights working) back-copy they can paste for me? My current copy is 2.7.6 and I'm willing to back down, and reload at least part of my book list (1300+) if needed. I don't work, so I'm going stir-crazy here.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Advert
Old 10-15-2014, 08:09 AM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard

Unfortunately, all app store acquisitions are linked to the apple id that downloaded it.

Maybe check in your itunes mobile applications folder to see if its still there? I hate that older versions get deleted. You never know.