Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-04-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
gr8day2b
Lighting the Beacon!
gr8day2b began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, nook
505 Volume Button Not Working

I seldom use the MP3 player, but tried it today, and cannot get any volume. I press and I press on the + side of the toggle, but no volume.

I did a reset (via back reset hole), and the unit resets, but still cannot get the volume to increase from nothing.

I can use the volume control to mute the volume (get the x on the speaker icon), and can come out of mute, but never any volume increase.

I've only had the reader 2 months, and think I've only dropped it once but the volume control doesn't appear to be damaged or anything.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
gr8day2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 07:27 PM   #2
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
I assume you're not seeing any change in the volume bars? The fact that you can mute suggests that the button itself is working, so I'd try other mp3s, ideally ones that used to work (if you haven't already). The other question is whether the headphones work in other devices - possibly if they've failed your lisseuse is smart enough to notice and is trying to tell you (why it doesn't give you a full page error message I do not know)
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #3
gr8day2b
Lighting the Beacon!
gr8day2b began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, nook
Correct, no change in volume bars (shows as no volume). The mp3's worked before, but you gave me an idea. I will try different mp3 on different memory card just to make sure).

Headphones work fine on other devices. No sound at all from the reader, not even a hiss that I can tell.

Any other ideas? Or has anyone else expereinced this?
gr8day2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #4
revmike
Zealot
revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!revmike , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Sony Readers 505 \ T-2, Nook Glowlight Plus 7.8
I wish I could help but I tried out the mp3 player one time and left it alone. I don't know about other owners, but I use my ipod for music and my reader for just that, reading.
revmike is offline   Reply With Quote