Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-29-2014, 02:00 PM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Question Table of Contents - Moving Preexisting Links

I am tweaking the Table of Contents in a purchased book. Not only did they set the links incorrectly (at the end of the previous chapter instead of the beginning of the intended chapter), the links have also been "flattened" instead of nestled under its corresponding section (the book has multiple parts).

Is there a way for me to nestle or "unflatten" the links without having to delete them and reset them?
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 02:14 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
I am tweaking the Table of Contents in a purchased book. Not only did they set the links incorrectly (at the end of the previous chapter instead of the beginning of the intended chapter), the links have also been "flattened" instead of nestled under its corresponding section (the book has multiple parts).

Is there a way for me to nestle or "unflatten" the links without having to delete them and reset them?
The TOC edit tool (you my need to add to the toolbar) will allow nesting to be changed of the selected line

Work from the top down, lower items become child levels
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2014, 02:38 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
The TOC edit tool (you my need to add to the toolbar) will allow nesting to be changed of the selected line

Work from the top down, lower items become child levels
I'm using the editing tool.. I saw "flatten" but not nestle..thats why I was asking. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'm using the editing tool.. I saw "flatten" but not nestle..thats why I was asking. Sorry I didn't make that more clear.
Just to be clear:
The TOC edit tool is the tool with the 'T' icon it exists (if placed) in the main Calibre GUI and in the Calibre editor

The arrows in the middle control nesting
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TocTool.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	133116  
Old 12-29-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
Just to be clear:
The TOC edit tool is the tool with the 'T' icon it exists (if placed) in the main Calibre GUI and in the Calibre editor

The arrows in the middle control nesting
So all I have to do is click the blue arrows? Oh! Well now I feel silly. Thanks!

And yes, I have both the ToC and the Edit Book options added to my tool bar. I'm actually just using the ToC one, since thats all I'm changing.

Thanks again!

Last edited by Nyssa; 12-29-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Advert
Old 12-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I'm using the editing tool.. I saw "flatten" but not nestle... that's why...
Choc Top TOCs

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 07:01 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Choc Top TOCs

BR
You don't want that, it is the American version. Nestle in the EU is different than here in the states
Old 12-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Nestlé USA is subsidiary of Nestlé SA, HQ'd in Vevey Swtzerland. Different brands maybe but same stuff. Just like GM - Holden in Aus, Vauxhall in UK, Opel in Germany...
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:30 PM   #9
Nyssa
Series Addict

New ToC Question:

Is there a maximum number of links one can create?

I have a "Complete Works" omnibus collection which has approximately 70 separate works. Some of those works are novels with chapters.

So I would like to "indent" (since my other word is so amusing) multiple times:

Series Name / Section Name -> Novel -> Chapter
Old 12-29-2014, 10:38 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Is there a maximum number of links one can create?

I have a "Complete Works" omnibus collection which has approximately 70 separate works. Some of those works are novels with chapters.

So I would like to "indent" (since my other word is so amusing) multiple times:

Series Name / Section Name -> Novel -> Chapter
AFAIK this is only limited by your EPUB device
Old 12-29-2014, 10:50 PM   #11
Nyssa
Series Addict

Quote:
AFAIK this is only limited by your EPUB device
AWZ3 - Kindle, but okay, thank you. So, any idea how I can know if I have too many?