Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2019, 03:15 AM   #1
b.binnenweg
b.binnenweg began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
kobo forma screen rotation issue

I'm having issues with my Kobo forma screen auto rotation. When this feature is on, the menu cannot be chosen when pressing the middle of the screen, and when the menu is found pressing somewhere else, the submenu's don't work. In fixed portrait orientation things work as expected. Is this a known problem with the current Forma software version or should i send the device back to my supplier?
b.binnenweg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 02:58 PM   #2
desterly
Enthusiast
desterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day nowdesterly will be dicovering the secret to cold fusion any day now

Device: KV, Forma, Libra Colour
Are you on the latest firmware?

When I first received mine (few firmware versions ago) I did have a problem that after rotation various touches wouldn't register till I rotated it back to the "native" position (buttons on the right).

With the latest firmware updates though I haven't had that issue anymore.

You could try doing a full reboot of it (hold power till you see 'powered off', then turn back on).
desterly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2019, 02:43 AM   #3
b.binnenweg

I contacted (dutch speaking) kobo support, they tested with the same, latest software en then confirmed that the device seemed to be defect. I sent it back to supplier and will order a new device when money is refunded. Thanks for your info.
Old 08-31-2019, 02:33 PM   #4
daniel_habazin
daniel_habazin began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
i don't have this problem, but i do have a rotate problem, when using the official sleepcover after taking the device out of sleep it always autorotates so the screen is upside down, i have to rotate the device so it gets what position i want the screen to be rotated.
I always use it in portrait mode and so the buttons is to the right.
daniel_habazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2019, 10:10 AM   #5
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_habazin View Post
i don't have this problem, but i do have a rotate problem, when using the official sleepcover after taking the device out of sleep it always autorotates so the screen is upside down, i have to rotate the device so it gets what position i want the screen to be rotated.
I always use it in portrait mode and so the buttons is to the right.
Mine does the same thing.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2019, 06:05 AM   #6
b.binnenweg

nr 2

I returned my first kobo forma and ordered a new one, and it shows me the same problem. Had a chat with kobo support, they decided to escalate to kobo. When i tried one more time to reset the device the problem seemed to have dissapeared, so the escalation was called off. Then, one hour later, my problem was back. So now i'm clueless. Waiting for an update, i guess.