Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 03:54 PM   #1
hermano
Connoisseur
hermano began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
Kobo customer care (or lack of)

I have been in discussions with Kobo last few days about my Forma which developed a fault. Single vertical and single horizontal line visible when refreshing page.

Similar fault has been widely reported on this and other forums where consensus seems it is caused by loose cable to the screen. I can categorically say mine was never dropped or suffered any other trauma.

Kobo customer service have been very unsupportive. They refuse to even take a look at it. I do not want a replacement but if a simple fix is possible then that is what I was asking for.....but they claim they have no authorised repair facilities.

I do not have the tools, dexterity or skill to open it up and try myself (others have successfully).

This has put me off buying Kobo in future ( this is my second Kobo). Although I prefer their software etc the lack of support when things go wrong means I will have to look elsewhere.

I find it hard to understand why they do not offer repair services?
hermano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:05 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Well, Amazon doesn't either, to be honest. Many retailers don't.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:11 PM   #3
hermano
Connoisseur
hermano began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Well, Amazon doesn't either, to be honest. Many retailers don't.
To be fair I have always found Amazon very supportive if I had a problem with anything bought from them. Contrasting with recent experience of Kobo there is no comparison.
hermano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:13 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermano View Post
This has put me off buying Kobo in future ( this is my second Kobo). Although I prefer their software etc the lack of support when things go wrong means I will have to look elsewhere.

I find it hard to understand why they do not offer repair services?
For the most part, the simple fact is that it costs more to have someone open up your Forma, decide if it is worth repairing and if the decision is that it is worth repairing, to perform the repair than it would cost you to replace your Forma.

One friend of mine got several quotes from local shops to repair their Kindle PW4's damaged USB socket. The lowest was more than he paid for the PW4, the highest was more than the cost of purchasing a new PW5.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:15 PM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermano View Post
To be fair I have always found Amazon very supportive if I had a problem with anything bought from them. Contrasting with recent experience of Kobo there is no comparison.
Have you asked Amazon to repair something?
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:18 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The friend of mine I mentioned had Amazon offer him 20% off a new Kindle when he contacted them about repairing his PW4. Since his preference is for a 6" reader, he ended up purchasing a Kobo Clara BW instead.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote