Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2020, 02:40 AM   #1
NIRC
Enthusiast
NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
Fonts won't embed on Kindle Fire

I have been writing to Kindle (and asking on Forums) for at least 5 years about the problem with embedding fonts in mobi files for the Kindle Fire and later. I have only one proprietary font that needs to be embedded. It is not, and instead, nonsense shows up.
For about a 6-month period a little over a year ago, files uploaded on the Kindle web page actually accepted the font. I was surprised and immediately prepared the book for publication. Then it no longer did and now I cannot update it or add additional volumes requiring the same proprietary font.
I have tried The latest Kindle Previewers as they come out as well as Caliber, but nothing seems to work. The fonts embed fine in epub format and the file I made in 2019 that was accepted displays perfectly on my Kindle Fire. So I know it is not impossible.
Also, no matter whom I talk to at KDP by chat or phone, no one has any answer, and most of them try to assure me that there is no problem. I even sent screen shots of the same page when it did work and when it did not. No answer.
Alas, there is no way to get into a mobi file as there is with epub files, to see what has gone wrong.
I don't see how difficult this can be to fix. At least it would be nice to receive some formal recognition of the problem...
NIRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 08:09 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Your original thread on this topic, Embed fonts in mobi, was moved to the Kindle Formats subforum since that is the place where the creation and publishing of Kindle books is discussed.

It might be more fruitful to continue this discussion there.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2020, 07:45 PM   #3
NIRC
Enthusiast
NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NIRC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2
The font is a large proprietary font containing the breakdown of Chinese characters. It works fine in epub, but mobi rejects it.
NIRC is offline   Reply With Quote