Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 12:08 PM   #1
Moloch981
Moloch981 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
some of my ebooks are not sorted correctly by title

Hello,

I use Calibre to organize my ebooks and then I transfer them to my device (Kobo Libra 2) via USB.

Usually when I sort my ebooks by title on the Kobo it works fine, but there are a few that don't sort correctly, even though on Calibre the field is correctly compiled.

One example is a book titled "Al di sopra del mondo".
This title should sort under A and it does on Calibre (see attached screenshot of Metadata panel on Calibre: the UI is in Italian, but I think you can understand all the same), but on my Kobo it sorts under D.

How can I fix this?
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-30 180240.png
Views:	29
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	210496  
Moloch981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moloch981 View Post
Hello,

I use Calibre to organize my ebooks and then I transfer them to my device (Kobo Libra 2) via USB.

Usually when I sort my ebooks by title on the Kobo it works fine, but there are a few that don't sort correctly, even though on Calibre the field is correctly compiled.

One example is a book titled "Al di sopra del mondo".
This title should sort under A and it does on Calibre (see attached screenshot of Metadata panel on Calibre: the UI is in Italian, but I think you can understand all the same), but on my Kobo it sorts under D.

How can I fix this?
Thanks
Are you editing the title in the eBook or just in calibre's metadata editor? Also, to make sure the metadata is updated proper on your Kobo, you'll need to plug your Kobo in a second time so it updated the metadata after being imported.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert