Old Today, 01:05 AM   #1
Morgenmuffel
Morgenmuffel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Nia
Cannot register paperwhite 3, registration loops

Hi All

I thougt I would try asking this here as i am stumped

I bought an ex demo Kindle Paperwhite

Model serial G090 so a Paperwhite 3 generation 7 is that correct?

barcode from orange demo box 841667178622

Firmware - 5.6.1.1

Ok so Demo mode is definitely off (I turned it on and then off again to test)

WiFi is connecting (I can search google)

When I enter my account details and press enter, the menu bar says "verify" for a few seconds then drops back to the register your kindle screen and that's as far as It ever gets

troubleshooting I have tried
1) Different Wi-Fi network
2) Checking user account and password are correct
3) factory restore thingie (txt file with out extension in root directory)
4) cursing at the screen

any suggestions would be appreciated

Also the "Update your Kindle" option in settings is obviously greyed out

This may sound like a dumb question but do i perhaps have to update the firmware manually for it to be able to verify? as the current firmware is too old
Morgenmuffel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:17 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgenmuffel View Post
This may sound like a dumb question but do i perhaps have to update the firmware manually for it to be able to verify? as the current firmware is too old
It's entirely possible that your firmware is too old to implement the newer security protocols (TLS, etc.) needed to connect securely to Amazon. 5.6.1.1 was released in June 2015 (if I remember correctly) so 9 years old.

A manual download/install of 5.16.2.1.1 could help with that issue.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 09:09 AM   #3
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Download newer firmware on you computer from here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...MQC26VQQMM8XSW

Then copy that bin file via USB cable to your Kindle. Eject & disconnect the cable and now "Update your Kindle" option should be available, use it to run the update installer.

p. s. Are you sure that Kindle isn't blacklisted?

Last edited by shamanNS; Today at 09:12 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote