Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-18-2023, 10:13 AM   #1
TheSmitty
Addict
TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheSmitty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite SE, Libra 2, Oasis 3, Boox Note Air 3C, iPad Pro 11
Calibre tags update Kobo Collections?

So I sent all my books I had loaded in Calibre to my new Libra 2. I am curious, if I spend time creating tags and assigning to the books in Calibre is there a way to have Calibre update the books already on the Libra 2 and use those tags as Collections? I hope I made sense.
TheSmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 10:36 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kobo Utilities (right click menu) has a "update metadata in device library" action. I have no idea if that will tickle, Collections
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2023, 11:08 AM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
If you have your KoboTouch(Extended) driver set to use 'tags' as a collection column and Calibre Preferences > Sending books to device > Metadata Management set to 'automatic', it should.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 02:44 AM   #4
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
I have multiple tags per book (genre/subgenre, library management, bibliographic), so can’t use tags as is. What I have done is to create a tag-based column #myshelves which uses the genre/subgenre tags and configured the driver to use that for collections.

Most books are in a single collection on my Kobo, apart from anthologies and short fiction (and unsplit omnibuses). This was because I wanted to highlight short fiction to read on my daily commute.

There’s instructions on setting up Kobo shelves and managing them via Calibre around.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 03:45 AM   #5
georgemk
Addict
georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.georgemk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Nia
The Wiki contains the instructions to using collections on Kobo and are pretty straight forward and easy to us. I know because I had zero issues using them
Look at https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...nd_Collections
And the master thread about this can be found at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=193184

Last edited by georgemk; 05-19-2023 at 03:48 AM. Reason: Add link to forum thread
georgemk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert