Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old Today, 12:07 PM   #1
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur
JeffGeorge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Sorting Of Cover Grid & Cover Browser

I used to have this with the most recently added book on the left, but somehow I changed it to be sorting by title. I'd like to put it back the way I had it, but I can't find a sorting option. How did I change?
JeffGeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:13 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Right click: Sort by: Date
This is also useful if you have hidden a column

This is not independent of the Library (list) view, so whatever is in that, is the same .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:10 PM   #3
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur

Right click where, though? I am not getting a Sort By option either when I right click on the Cover Browser or Cover Grid.
Old Today, 01:20 PM   #4
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
you should see a sort by button next to the Virtual Libraries one, on the UI top left.

I have it on both sides of the search bar, for added comfyness

Last edited by Comfy.n; Today at 01:25 PM.
Comfy.n is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:26 PM   #5
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
you should see a sort by button next to the Virtual Libraries one, on the UI top left.

I have it on both sides of the search bar, for added comfyness
That's not a bad idea, as I'm obviously blind to it being in just one spot!
Advert
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGeorge View Post
Right click where, though? I am not getting a Sort By option either when I right click on the Cover Browser or Cover Grid.
It may need to be added to the Context Menu.
(sorry, some things have been set (and forgotten) up years ago
Preferences Toolbars: Context Menu: (for books in...):Sort by
It is a A above Z with a down arrow, Icon
Old Today, 02:47 PM   #7
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It may need to be added to the Context Menu.
(sorry, some things have been set (and forgotten) up years ago
Preferences Toolbars: Context Menu: (for books in...):Sort by
It is a A above Z with a down arrow, Icon
I do have a button next to the Virtual Library button, but, ironically, my instinct was to right-click in the main area, assuming that I would be able to do it from there. Your message just confirmed my thought, but it wasn't there.
Old Today, 03:43 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGeorge View Post
I do have a button next to the Virtual Library button, but, ironically, my instinct was to right-click in the main area, assuming that I would be able to do it from there. Your message just confirmed my thought, but it wasn't there.
Can you add it using the instructions in my post above?
Old Today, 03:57 PM   #9
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Can you add it using the instructions in my post above?
I added the Sort to the Context Menu For Books On This Device option (that was the closest context menu I have in my option to what you wrote), but I'm still not sure where to click to bring it up. It still doesn't show up in the Cover Grid or Cover Browser or any menu that I can find. No big deal since I know where to go if I ever muck it up again.
Old Today, 04:02 PM   #10
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Device refers to the READER device, not Calibre GUI.

I just right-click in the List or Grid View