Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 02-02-2017, 10:48 PM   #1
SigilBear
Banned
SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iBooks
Using Bootstrap with Epubs

A quick search of the forums suggests that Bootstrap is compatible with Epubs. But can anyone explain the basics to me? Do you implement it the same way you do with a website? And do most viewing devices support Bootstrap, or is it touch and go?

Thanks.
SigilBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:51 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Don't count on it. Especially readers will not support it, but I guess that reading apps on tablets/pc's might be able to handle it.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2017, 05:20 PM   #3
SigilBear
Banned
SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SigilBear ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

So it sounds like it might at least work on SOME devices, and it probably wouldn't cause any problems on other devices (they simply won't support it). It seems like it might be a nice touch for those who do have "better" viewing devices.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:57 AM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I can most definitely cause problems on the other devices, as they may not be able to use the fallback and ignoring bootstrap does not always give good results. I would be very careful and perhaps ensure that the ePUB can only be opened on a device that supports it. An ePUB is not a webpage.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 04:25 AM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
I haven't used Bootstrap, but as far as I know it's jQuery based. I.e., you can only use it in ePub3 books, and, AFAIK, pretty much the only major eInk device manufacturer that supports ePub3 is Rakuten Kobo Inc.

If you're wondering how to properly embed JavaScript libraries without getting epubcheck errors, check out my very simple jQuery based epub3 test file.

Note that the test file won't work with Sigil, you'll have to open it with ADE 4.5 or other epub3 apps.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2017, 08:59 PM   #6
SigilBear
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
If you're wondering how to properly embed JavaScript libraries without getting epubcheck errors, check out my very simple jQuery based epub3 test file.
Good tip; I was going to ask about jQuery.