Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2024, 07:47 AM   #1
gray123
gray123 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Verse pro
new update error version 7.18

I have just updated to 7.18 portable and when i try to send books to my device I get the following error.

Can anyone help please?

calibre, version 7.18.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>PermissionError</b>:[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'D:\\OneDrive\\Calibre Library\\Stephen King\\The Gunslinger (8324)\\The Gunslinger - Stephen King.epub'

calibre 7.18 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.22631-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.22631')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.22631', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: D:\PortableApps\Calibre Portable\Calibre\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Count Pages (1, 13, 6) && PocketBook Improved Device Interface (1, 0, 4) && Pocketbook Tools (0, 10, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1359, in dispatch_sync_event
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 1556, in sync_to_device
File "calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 721, in get_preferred_formats_from_ids
File "calibre\db\legacy.py", line 459, in copy_format_to
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 85, in call_func_with_lock
File "calibre\db\cache.py", line 1225, in copy_format_to
File "calibre\db\backend.py", line 1818, in copy_format_to
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: 'D:\\OneDrive\\Calibre Library\\Stephen King\\The Gunslinger (8324)\\The Gunslinger - Stephen King.epub'
gray123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 07:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...n-denied-error
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2024, 08:17 AM   #3
gray123

Strange, because it is none of them.

I still use the same computer with files in the same place, it just seems to have happened since the update I did.

All permissions are ok
Old 09-17-2024, 08:34 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gray123 View Post
Strange, because it is none of them.

I still use the same computer with files in the same place, it just seems to have happened since the update I did.

All permissions are ok
Move your library or turn off Onedrive and do not turn it back on. You cannot use your library with cloud storage as your doing. You have to keep anything that can sync back toy our library away from it and that mean no cloud storage.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 08:46 AM   #5
gray123

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Move your library or turn off Onedrive and do not turn it back on. You cannot use your library with cloud storage as your doing. You have to keep anything that can sync back toy our library away from it and that mean no cloud storage.

again anther strange one. It is a folder on the computer and saved there, so not the cloud version. This is also the folder I have been using for years with no issues.
Advert
Old 09-17-2024, 09:12 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
again anther strange one. It is a folder on the computer and saved there, so not the cloud version. This is also the folder I have been using for years with no issues.
Maybe the sync software is actually running and it's taken over.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 09:13 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
If I were you I'd check the OneDrive Settings to see if anything in D:\OneDrive is being synced.

Assuming D: is not your system drive, did you ever relocate a OneDrive folder from a User home folder - e.g. C:\Users\gray123\One Drive -> D:\OneDrive? Probably to save space on C:.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2024, 10:41 AM   #8
gray123

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If I were you I'd check the OneDrive Settings to see if anything in D:\OneDrive is being synced.

Assuming D: is not your system drive, did you ever relocate a OneDrive folder from a User home folder - e.g. C:\Users\gray123\One Drive -> D:\OneDrive? Probably to save space on C:.

BR
Yes I moved it from C to D, but that was as soon i set the computer up before anything was installed.
Old 09-17-2024, 06:26 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Yes I moved it from C to D, but that was as soon i set the computer up before anything was installed.
The error you posted:

Quote:
"Permission denied: 'D:\\OneDrive\\Calibre Library\\Stephen King\\The Gunslinger (8324)\\The Gunslinger - Stephen King.epub'
shows your library is/was in the D:\\OneDrive directory, unless you have specifically excluded the "Calibre Library" subfolder, it was being synced to OneDrive cloud storage which is a network drive. And that will cause problems, maybe not immediately, but eventually.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote