Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-16-2024, 11:52 PM   #1
biGPlant
biGPlant began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Reviving a bricked Libra 2

I tried setting up koreader on a Kobo Libra 2 but read the guide incorrectly. Just a disclaimer, the guide is probably fine I believe I just screwed up somewhere. I thought I needed to extract the zip file at koreader github's release page rather than the one-click method linked at the bottom of the tutorial. Of course it didn't follow the "update then restart" step so I knew I did something wrong.

Once I realized my mistake, I connected the Kobo to my PC and extracted the correct zip file to the device. I removed the prior extracted files from the device after extracting the correct files to kobo. I safely removed the kobo then saw the "update and restart" step occur. It froze on "Updating" for around 10 minutes, so I naively forced shutdown thinking something went wrong again. When turning it on again, I see a small flash on the screen and a blinking led on the edge of the device. I consistently see the same error connecting to my PC, and attempting a manual reset.

I bought it from a third party seller so I assume warranty is voided and I know it will be difficult to remove the SD card with the waterproofing it has.

Is there a fix that doesn't involve a teardown?
biGPlant is offline   Reply With Quote