Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 12:06 AM   #1
biGPlant
biGPlant began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Good device for DIY books, manga, comics?

Hello again.

You may recognize me as the guy who bricked his Libra 2 after trying to flash koreader and not correctly following the instructions.
I tried to bring it back to life, but failed.

If I were, in theory, to buy another device for:
  • diy books like this one --> Ultimate Guide: Plumbing in PDF format.
  • magazines in PDF format.
  • manga in cbz format
  • comics in cbz format
  • basic epubs support

What would be optimal for this?

I promise I won't break it this time

Thanks for reading!
biGPlant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:08 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
A 10″ or larger tablet with a true matt screen. There are several brands. Some are better than tablets with shiny screens costing x5 more.

Even an 8″ Sage is often too small. I have (or had) 6, 6.8, 7, 7.8, 8, 9.7 and 10.3 inch eink, inc Libra, Libra 2, Sage, Elipsa and reMarkable.

The 6 to 8 inch mono eink are great for novels (reflowable epub), but poor to unusable for PDF.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert