Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 04:23 AM   #1
allebonvi
allebonvi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura one
Kobo aura one does not recover, stucked in restore cycle

Hello everyone.
I have a kobo aura one that does not start anymore and worst it does not recover. It is stucked in a cycle of restore/restart. I have tried every kind of switch combination to reset the reader, without success. So, i managed to get out the internal sdcard , and have seen that the only partion that contain data is recoveryfs, the rootfs and tha large data partions are empty.
I think that something in the sd card si corrupted and unrecoverable. So i would like to change or reformat the sdcard. Please can you suggest me where to find an image of the kobo aura to install in the sdcard, and instructions on how to?
Thank you very much in advance
Alessandro
allebonvi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:20 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by allebonvi View Post
Hello everyone.
I have a kobo aura one that does not start anymore and worst it does not recover. It is stucked in a cycle of restore/restart. I have tried every kind of switch combination to reset the reader, without success. So, i managed to get out the internal sdcard , and have seen that the only partion that contain data is recoveryfs, the rootfs and tha large data partions are empty.
I think that something in the sd card si corrupted and unrecoverable. So i would like to change or reformat the sdcard. Please can you suggest me where to find an image of the kobo aura to install in the sdcard, and instructions on how to?
Thank you very much in advance
Alessandro
Please see the following thread to ask for a firmware image so you can write it to a new SD card.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=355778

But before you do that, you need to got ot his thread and request that PMs be enabled. One PMs are enabled, go to the other thread and ask for the firmware image.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=319819

You can upgrade the size of the sdcared and get a larger one such 32GB.

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 05:23 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 06:26 AM   #3
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
I’ve had a similar issue with my Kobo before. I ended up finding a helpful guide on the MobileRead forums that had the exact image I needed for my model. It might be worth checking out there. Also, Kobo support can be pretty helpful if you contact them—they might have a replacement SD card or at least some solid advice.
estral is offline   Reply With Quote