Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Yesterday, 04:13 PM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
Kobo: images in epubs are tiny!

For some reason images that look perfectly fine on other devices are about half the expected size on my Kobo. I have an image which is 800px wide, the CSS says "height: auto; max-width: 100%" and it takes up about 1/3 of the screen width. Even with a 1200-ish pixel screen width it should be about 2/3 of the width, not 1/3.

Changing the CSS to "width: 150%" instead of "max-width: 100%" gives me an image which is still only about 70% of the screen width. Why should specifying 150% of the available width (~1800px) result in something which is far less than the available width? What on earth is going on, and is there any way to fix this short of editing all my books which contain images (several hundred at least, maybe thousands) and adding media-specific CSS to each one?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If this is ePub, try KePub. If this is KePub, try ePub.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Are the images wrapped in <div>s with CSS that may be setting the width as well? Say, the div sets the width to 50%, the image's 100% will be limited to that 50% viewbox from the div.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
css, image aspect ratio, kobo libra 2