Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-19-2016, 07:58 PM   #1
Sarah900
Sarah900 began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Books transferred from Calibre to device not being recognised

Hi there,

I've been steadily transferring my books in my Calibre library to my Kindle Paperwhite by Send to Email, and for some reason when I restart Calibre another time, a number of these books which are there, on the device, aren't showing up in Calibre a green checkmark in the On Device column.

This evening I also downloaded my Amazon downloaded books from my Kindle to Calibre, but when I restarted it, the books I had downloaded from the Kindle had been added to my library but again, Calibre doesn't recognise them as On Device. Which is ridiculous!

I need to sync my library because a whole load of my books didn't transfer properly when I originally sent them via the email feature, and I need to know which books are actually on the device so I can try to email the rest. How can I do this? Any advice gratefully received.
Sarah900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2016, 10:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
on-device column (and CURRENT status) is only shown when there is a 'connected device'
there are only 2 ways to CONNECT at this time: USB and Calibre Companion (IOS and Android)

sent by e-mail is a 'hand-off' transfer. No connection
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2016, 01:45 AM   #3
Sarah900

When the device is connected via USB, Calibre does not recognise all of the books on that device when I look at the library window. But it recognises the majority of them.
Old 11-20-2016, 12:45 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah900 View Post
When the device is connected via USB, Calibre does not recognise all of the books on that device when I look at the library window. But it recognises the majority of them.
Direct to Device (from Amazon) may differ, so no auto match up. (I can't renember which devices have 'protected storage', which Calibre can not see)

In the Device (library) view you have the option to link those without ticks on the right click menu

I just avoid this, by using Kindle PC for the deliver to device
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 01:46 PM   #5
Sarah900

Hi everyone,

just to say that I have successfully relinked all my books using theducks' method. Books galore.
Advert