Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2024, 05:57 PM   #1
Dal Bhat
Dal Bhat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 11th Gen
Is there a way to get "Eject this Device" as a standalone toolbar item?

Separate from the main "Device" icon.

Small potatoes, I know, but I'd like it for the convenience.
Dal Bhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 06:13 PM   #2
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
There's the SmartEject plugin. I made it for that purpose and to also run some searches to make sure I actually updated the device before ejecting.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2024, 07:13 PM   #3
Dal Bhat

Yeah, this works.

With one follow up Q that I'm asking here because the plugin discussion is getting pretty dated:

There are several "books", text documents actually, that I don't want to sync and which get flagged in the search for books not yet on the device.

How do I isolate them from the search, without turning off that search function?
Old 06-05-2024, 08:05 PM   #4
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dal Bhat View Post
There are several "books", text documents actually, that I don't want to sync and which get flagged in the search for books not yet on the device.

How do I isolate them from the search, without turning off that search function?
You can configure the searches SmartEject uses. That, along with a specific tag, is how I do it.

Preferences > Plugins (lower left) > Search for 'Eject' > Double click or click Customize button

The actual search strings are on the 'Searches' tab. These are mine, for example:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	42
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	208718
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2024, 08:08 PM   #5
Dal Bhat

I saw that but I didn't know how to edit a string.

E: nm. I figured it out. I am the the author of those text files, so I just added "and not (author:me) to the Added Books search string.

Last edited by Dal Bhat; 06-05-2024 at 09:26 PM.
Advert