Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 07-01-2014, 11:10 PM   #1
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Free/Bargain Christian Interest, July 2014

We point out free and bargain Christian titles to each other. Please only post self-published books if you personally recommend them, and please do a search before posting to avoid duplicates.

Be aware that many freebies are only free for a day, so grab them fast!

This month's free book from Ligonier Ministries is Jesus the Evangelist: Learning to Share the Gospel from the Book of John by Richard D. Phillips.
Ligonier's online store Amazon
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:21 PM   #2
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The American Patriot's Study Bible (NKJV) is on sale for $4.99.
B&N Kobo Amazon

PERKOPOLIS still works at Kobo for 40% off, making the final price $2.99.
Advert
Old 07-03-2014, 07:01 PM   #3
r77r7r
r77r7r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
TY. Is this the only place to get Christian books/audio books on this forum?
r77r7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:57 PM   #4
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r77r7r View Post
TY. Is this the only place to get Christian books/audio books on this forum?
In my experience, that's mostly the case for Christian books, though sometimes Christian romances are posted in the monthly "Free and bargain romance ebooks" threads. For Christian audiobooks, try the "Current Audiobook Specials" thread.

Last edited by Froide; 07-03-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 09:51 PM   #5
r77r7r
r77r7r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
TY, Froide
r77r7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #6
itisbomb
Addict
itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itisbomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 4
How to Read the Bible Book by Book: A Guided Tour
by Gordon D. Fee

is $3.99 at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/How-Read-Bible...read+the+bible

Below is the blurb:
A Guided Tour from Genesis through Revelation Reading the Bible need not be a haphazard journey through strange and bewildering territory. Like an experienced tour guide, How to Read the Bible Book by Book takes you by the hand and walks you through the Scriptures. For each book of the Bible, the authors start with a quick snapshot, then expand the view to help you better understand its key elements and how it fits into the grand narrative of the Bible. Written by two top evangelical scholars, this survey is designed to get you actually reading the Bible knowledgeably and understanding it accurately. In an engaging, conversational style, Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart take you through a given book of the Bible using their unique, progressive approach: • Orienting Data—Concise info bytes that form a thumbnail of the book • Overview—A brief panorama that introduces key concepts and themes and important landmarks in the book • Specific Advice for Reading—Pointers for accurately understanding the details and message of the book in context with the circumstances surrounding its writing • A Walk Through—The actual section-by-section tour that helps you see both the larger landscape of the book and how its various parts work together to form the whole. Here you are taken by the hand and told, “Look at this!” How to Read the Bible Book by Book can be used as a companion to How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth. It also stands on its own as a reliable guide to reading and understanding the Bible for yourself.
itisbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #7
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

I'm not usually one for devotionals, but I'm quite a big fan of Jimmy Carter. Zondervan has two of his devotional books on sale.

Through the Year with Jimmy Carter: 366 Daily Meditations from the 39th President is $3.99.
B&N Amazon

NIV Lessons from Life Bible: Personal Reflections with Jimmy Carter is $6.99 $26.99.
B&N

Everyone else's price for the Bible is currently $26.99 and I haven't been checking for the last few days, so this may be an Independence Day sale that B&N hasn't yet changed back to regular price. If you want the Bible, I'd recommend picking it up right quick.

EDIT: Sale's over at B&N, too.

Last edited by Difflugia; 07-07-2014 at 01:50 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #8
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

David C. Cook has three ebooks free today and tomorrow. Two are definitely repeats, but the Warren Wiersbe one is new to me.

http://www.dccebooks.com/free

That link is updated every Monday and Thursday afternoon with at least one freebie. Clicking on each book will take you to a page with links to various ebook sellers.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:50 PM   #9
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Crossway's weekly special is from their Theologians on the Christian Life series:

1. Calvin on the Christian Life: Glorifying and Enjoying God Forever - $1.99 (I paid $9.99 for this in May )
2. Schaeffer on the Christian Life: Countercultural Spirituality - $1.99
3. Bonhoeffer on the Christian Life: From the Cross, for the World - $1.99
4. Warfield on the Christian Life: Living in Light of the Gospel - $1.99

These are available from Kobo as well; same price ($1.99) in the US store.

("Discounted prices available through 7/13/14.")

Last edited by Loosheesh; 07-08-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 07:24 PM   #10
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Crossway's weekly special is from their Theologians on the Christian Life series:
Did they email you these? I thought I was on their email lists and I didn't get anything about the last few Crossway sales you've posted.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:40 PM   #11
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Did they email you these? I thought I was on their email lists and I didn't get anything about the last few Crossway sales you've posted.
Not by email; I'm subscribed to their blog via my RSS reader.
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 09:24 AM   #12
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loosheesh View Post
Not by email; I'm subscribed to their blog via my RSS reader.
Thanks. I missed that.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #13
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Amish Proverbs: Words of Wisdom from the Simple Life by Suzanne Woods Fisher looks cute and is free today.
B&N Amazon

I haven't been posting many lately, but the Baker Publishing Group generally has a ton of free books, mostly historical romance and Christian self-help.

Here's a list of the books at Barnes & Noble ordered by price (so the top ones are free).
Baker Publishing Group, by price

If you happen to like Amazon, they're split among the individual publishers. Here are links to free books from the two largest publishers in the group.
Revell
Bethany House
Old 07-10-2014, 03:37 PM   #14
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Difflugia View Post
Amish Proverbs: Words of Wisdom from the Simple Life by Suzanne Woods Fisher looks cute and is free today.
B&N Amazon

I haven't been posting many lately, but the Baker Publishing Group generally has a ton of free books, mostly historical romance and Christian self-help.

Here's a list of the books at Barnes & Noble ordered by price (so the top ones are free).
Baker Publishing Group, by price

If you happen to like Amazon, they're split among the individual publishers. Here are links to free books from the two largest publishers in the group.
Revell
Bethany House
Are these the one's that are always free? Just wondering was going to print a list to put in the church library for others.

Also how in the world did you just pull up the $0-$0 price. I cannot figure that out.
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 04:22 PM   #15
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyBunnies View Post
Are these the one's that are always free? Just wondering was going to print a list to put in the church library for others.

Also how in the world did you just pull up the $0-$0 price. I cannot figure that out.
Most of the books are free for a few months and they rotate a few old ones out and new ones in each month. Then, on top of that, there are usually two or three that are just free for the day. I check it often enough that I can skim through the list and look for covers I don't recognize. I've seen some blogs that know what the sale dates are for the different books, but I don't know where they get their information.

The "$0-$0" thing is from going to the advanced search page and entering the information I want. After the list comes up, I then add &price=0-0 to the URL and bookmark the page. The search page used to have a "price" selection with several presets ("Under $5", "$5-$10", etc.) that were easily changed, but it looks like that's gone even though the search page still recognizes the "price" keyword in the URL.

The ones I linked above are the ones most likely to have something new every day, but there are a few other publishers that I check occasionally:

Tyndale
Destiny Image
Barbour
Kregel

I also check David C. Cook's free ebooks page. They post one or two new freebies each Monday and Thursday (though the update doesn't appear until after noon US Eastern Time) that are good through the next day.