Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
twilighttimes
Lida Quillen
twilighttimes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Twilight Times Books: literary, SF/F, mystery and more

A couple of my authors have free ebooks in the Amazon Kindle store and are doing very well in the rankings. The ebooks will be available Free until March 17th.

Jerome and the Seraph by Robina Williams is currently #1 in Fantasy and #8 in Genre Fiction.

How I Wrote My First Book: the story behind the story
is #80 in the Free Kindle store. #1 in memoirs and #1 in Writing Skills

Tremolo: cry of the loon by Aaron Paul Lazar is #2 in Contemporary Fiction and #6 in the Free Kindle store.

These ebooks and a few other titles are also available in pdf format from the freebies page on the Twilight Times Books web site until March 17th.

I'd really like to get the word out regarding these great books.

Feel free to forward the above info to your email lists and friends.

Lida E. Quillen, Publisher
Twilight Times Books
http://twilighttimesbooks.com

Last edited by twilighttimes; 03-16-2011 at 07:49 PM.
twilighttimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
Lemurion
eReader
Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lemurion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 5; PW3; Nook HD+; ChuWi Hi12; iPad
I just read Jerome and the Seraph today - it was quite fun.
Lemurion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #3
twilighttimes
Lida Quillen

Thanks, Lemurion!

Lida
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just got Jerome and the Seraph and How I Wrote My First Book. Looks like interesting reading. Thanks for the heads up.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Are these books also available free elsewhere for other devices or is this a Kindle exclusive?
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 09:38 AM   #6
twilighttimes
Lida Quillen

free offer expires March 17th midnight EDT

Hi carld, you are most welcome.

rhadin, the books will be free from the Twilight Times Books web site in PDF, HTML and/or Mobi (Kindle compatible) formats until midnight EDT March 17th.
http://twilighttimesbooks.com/ttb_free_ebooks2011.html

Several of our titles were available Free during Read an E-Book Week and I extended the special offer until March 17th.

Twilight Times Books
Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #7
twilighttimes
Lida Quillen

started as an epublisher in 1999

I didn't realize the freebie offer was going to be a permanent thread for all 100+ ebooks that we publish. The mods graciously retitled the thread from "free ebooks, shameless bragging" to Twilight Times Books: literary, SF/F, mystery and more.

Twilight Times Books started as an epublisher in 1999. By 2004 our authors were clamoring to see their books in print. So, we evolved from an epublisher to a print publisher. We published 21 titles in trade paperback in 2004. The learning curve to go to print was pretty steep. Now we typically publish 16 titles a year in print. About 65-70% of our sales revenue is from print sales, but I suspect that may well change in 2011.

I feel the phenomenon that is Amanda Hocking has truly created a paradigm shift, if not a seismic shift in the world of publishing. Amanda has demonstrated, among other things, the power of loyal readers. If the most accessible and affordable manner in which they can obtain books by their favorite authors is by purchasing ebooks, then ebooks may well overtake mass market paperback book sales within two years.

Several of today's established small press publishing houses started as epublishers in 1998-2000. At that time we knew ebooks were the wave of the future. We had no idea it would require over ten years for ebooks to take off. In my opinion, the ebook revolution has just taken off within the past few months.

Publishing is publishing, whether via a publishing house or self-publishing. You have to write the best book you can. Polish, edit, polish some more. Somewhere I heard a quote to the effect that "a great book needs a good editor, but a good book needs a great editor."

The most important marketing tool is to publish first-rate books.

Twilight Times Books
- -
Critically acclaimed Literary, Mystery and SF/F books
http://twilighttimesbooks.com/

Last edited by twilighttimes; 03-18-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:11 PM   #8
twilighttimes
Lida Quillen

Reader appreciation ebook sale

Several popular Twilight Times Books titles will be available for 99 cents via Amazon Kindle for a few days. Starts Friday, March 25th

Doggie Biscuit!, humor by Darrell Bain
Learning to Write the Easy Way for Fun, Posterity and Money, writing advice by Dorothy Ann Skarles
Mazurka, mystery by Aaron Paul Lazar
Sonora Wind, historical fiction by Florence Byham Weinberg
The Solomon Scandals, suspense by David Rothman
The Y Factor, SF by Darrell Bain and Stephanie Osborn.

Additional ebooks are available at discount prices from $2.75 to $4.40 via Amazon Kindle.
http://amzn.to/eYYy6s

Twilight Times Books
- -

Last edited by twilighttimes; 03-26-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 02:02 PM   #9
twilighttimes
Lida Quillen

An ebook sale for book lovers

We appreciate our readers. 50 award-winning ebooks are on sale from Twilight Times Books for $2.99 via Amazon Kindle until June 15th. Historical, literary, mystery, SF, YA and more.
http://amzn.to/eYYy6s

Healey's Cave by Aaron Paul Lazar is the winner of the Commercial Fiction category for the 2011 Eric Hoffer award. Mega congrats to Aaron!

eBook ARCs are available for upcoming releases: The Case of the Displaced Detective: The Arrival, SF by Stephanie Osborn and three Spanish language historical novels by F. B. Weinberg: El jesuita y el brujo, El jesuita y la tormenta and El jesuita y La Caridad.
http://twilighttimesbooks.com/ttb_arc_order.html

Twilight Times Books
--

Tags
free ebooks, kindle