Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-10-2020, 02:27 PM   #1
tknx
tknx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
OPDS support ereader

Looking for a dedicated book ereader. I had a Kindle PW, but I got tired of having to go through hoops to access my Calibre library, so I'd like one that directly supports OPDS.

So required:
1. OPDS
2. Good screen

Nice to have:
1. Decent quality backlight
2. Physical buttons

Budget - as cheap as possible.
tknx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 09:56 AM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Just a thought, why not use the Kindle’s experimental browser to download ebooks from Calibre server?

That’s what I do when I’m feeling too lazy to get up and go to the computer except I use COPS instead of Calibre’s built-in server to serve files to the Kindle.

Mind, if you’re PW is jailbroken, KOReader provides OPDS support.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2020, 11:48 AM   #3
mirage
Zealot
mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mirage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: OnePlus 6 phone, Kobo Clara HD, Libra H2O
You can install KOReader on a Kobo Libra H2O and get OPDS that way. That would give you all 4 of your features, assuming you mean front light, not back light. And you wouldn't have to go through the hassles of jailbreaking a Kindle. It's easy to install KOReader on Kobo devices thanks to the work of the devs here.
mirage is offline   Reply With Quote