Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old Today, 01:07 PM   #1
psyholly
psyholly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Recommendations for e-reader for Boundless & Hoopla with larger font size

I have a 6" Kindle Paperwhite (10th Generation, 2018 Release) and at night I read without my glasses and use font size 13.

My library is increasingly getting new books only available on Boundless or Hoopla. I had bought an inexpensive Kindle Fire to read those formats at night, but the font size is not large enough for me to read at night without glasses and the page turning is total garbage compared to my paperwhite. I can't stand to read on it - even in the daytime with glasses. I have an iPad that I can read Hoopla and Boundless books during the day but it's too large a device for nighttime.

I spoke to someone at my library who was helpful and he suggested that I borrow a mebook from the library. I did and it's nice in terms of overall size of the device but the largest font was too small. He said he has requested a Likebook but they don't have it yet so I don't know if the font will be larger.

Does anyone have a device they recommend for these formats that have a font size comparable to a kindle paperwhite size 13 font? Alternatively, is there a hack for this on another device I might consider?

Thanks for any assistance!
psyholly is offline   Reply With Quote