Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-06-2019, 07:27 PM   #1
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Exclamation A new bug in Sigil 0.9.12?

By trying to find the cause of my issues with this new version of Sigil, I found something rare. In my stylesheet I had defined the following styles:

Code:
.fig3 {
    -webkit-shape-outside: url("../Images/Fig-003.png");
    shape-outside: url("../Images/Fig-003.png");
}

.fig4 {
    -webkit-shape-outside: url("../Images/Fig-004.png");
    shape-outside: url("../Images/Fig-004.png");
}
But after renaming images "Fig-003.png" to "Fig003.png" and "Fig-004.png" to "Fig004.png" the names of the pictures in my stylesheets remained the same, they weren't updated. I had 102 images in my epub; all of them were named as Fig-001.png, Fig-002.png, ..., Fig-102.png. I changed the name of all of them, by selecting them and then to choose the command "Rename...". I wrote "Fig001.png" and the names of the images were perfectly changed. But the names of the images in my stylesheet weren't changed

To me this is not normal. Always, when I have defined embedded fonts in my css stylesheet, if I rename the fonts, the name of the fonts are updated in my css; why does not happen the same with the images?

Last edited by RbnJrg; 03-06-2019 at 07:33 PM.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 07:35 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
You're right. Filenames in CSS URLs should be updated when the files in question are renamed. They always were with background images. I didn't think we were searching on property names alone, but I could be wrong.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2019, 08:00 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Those attributes not being included in any rename search actions. The list of current css attributes that will be searched for urls to update is:

(?:src|background|background-image|list-style|list-style-image|border-image|border-image-source|content)\\s*:|@import)

We'll discuss whether we want to expand that to include browser specific properties, but I'm sure we'll probably add the standard css3 shape-outside attribute to the list.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 03-06-2019 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:38 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I can accommodate both of those pretty easily.
Old 03-06-2019, 08:49 PM   #5
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Those attributes not being included in any rename search actions. The list of current css attributes that will be searched for urls to update is:

(?:src|background|background-image|list-style|list-style-image|border-image|border-image-source|content)\\s*:|@import)

We'll discuss whether we want to expand that to include browser specific properties, but I'm sure we'll probably add the standard css3 shape-outside attribute to the list.
I'm afraid you should also include the "browser specific" property. Why? Because Sigil doesn't support the standar property (shape-outside) but "-webkit-shape-outside". Evidently Sigil is based on "webkit" so, IMHO, it also should update all properties based in that engine.
Advert
Old 03-06-2019, 08:51 PM   #6
RbnJrg
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I can accommodate both of those pretty easily.
Great!!
Old 03-07-2019, 07:20 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

The fix for this will be in the next release. Thanks for letting us know about it.