Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #1
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
STUPEFYING STORIES #1 :: Available now! [BOOK FORMAT ONLY - AT THIS TIME]

STUPEFYING STORIES #1 is now available! At the moment, the publisher's official website is still incomplete and offline, but in order to allow those who prefer a dead-tree version to obtain the new release as swiftly as possible, it has been placed on Amazon (available via this link for $7.99).

Kindle and ePub/iBookstore versions will follow, as will Smashwords distribution for any channels that are not directly supplied by the publisher.

In addition to my own first published story, "We Don't Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore," issue #1 also includes "Assault and Buttery" by Anton Gully (better known to MR members as dadioflex), as well as ten other STUPEFYING STORIES.

This thread will be updated with pricing and availability, as the various eBook formats are released.

- M.D.B.

Click image for larger version

Name:	stupe-stories-cover-front.png
Views:	308
Size:	416.1 KB
ID:	57365

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 08-30-2010 at 06:29 AM.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

... and for anyone who will be at Dragon*Con this coming weekend, at least three of the featured authors (including myself), plus editor Bruce Bethke, author of the story from which the concept was drawn, will be present.

I am fairly certain we'll all be happy to sign copies.

- M.D.B.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Moranderin
Henry Vogel
Moranderin has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
I know I will be happy, ecstatic even, to sign autographs at Dragon*Con. My contribution is the closing story in the anthology, "Heart of Dorkness," in which Joseph Conrad's great literary work is rewritten for the modern convention-going gamer.
Moranderin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I'm looking forward to the Amazon Kindle version.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:13 AM   #5
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moranderin View Post
I know I will be happy, ecstatic even, to sign autographs at Dragon*Con. My contribution is the closing story in the anthology, "Heart of Dorkness," in which Joseph Conrad's great literary work is rewritten for the modern convention-going gamer.
Wonderful! Although you haven't been very active on MobileRead (yet), we hope to see you around here a lot more frequently.

For those keeping count, that makes three confirmed MR authors in the first issue.

- M.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:14 AM   #6
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I'm looking forward to the Amazon Kindle version.
Should be available very soon (but probably sometime after the Dragon*Con weekend, if I had to guess).

- M.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:45 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moranderin View Post

Welcome to mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Relaying a quick update from the publisher:
Because of the Labor Day Holiday, K&B Booksellers will be shutting down from NOON Central Time Wednesday, September 1 until 5 PM Central Time on Friday, September 3rd. Which means that during that time period, it will not be possible to place orders for copies of STUPEFYING STORIES.
If you were hoping to order for this weekend, there is still an hour and a quarter in which to do so. After that, orders should resume Friday evening.

- M.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:51 PM   #9
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...

Since I forgot to update this thread (Dragon*Con was very busy last night!), yes, the K&B store is open again.

- M.D.B.