Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM   #1
MrSlow&Steady
Connoisseur
MrSlow&Steady began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Why Does My Kindle Paperwhite Struggle To Open Up AZW3 Files

Lately I've been making the transition from mobi to AZW3 due to me hearing how Amazon no longer supports mobi but also how mobi is just glitchy now. I have not had problems reading from AZW3. But there is something that has frustrated me.

FYI have a 10th generation Kindle Paperwhite if it helps.

When I search for an ebook, and I click on a title that happens to be an AZW3 title and click on it, I get an error message saying "the selected application could not be started. Please try again". The only way to circumvent it is to click on a recent search result or press the enter button to search for results. I have not had this issue with mobi files.

I am so frustrated. I have been advised to switch from the mobi format (I put them in through calibre) after using them caused the Kindle to glitch out and exit the ebook. But this problem is frustrating and I am really hoping there's an easy way through it.
MrSlow&Steady is offline   Reply With Quote