Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 12:46 PM   #1
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Sideloaded ePubs / Covers / non calibre

I consider myself a knowledgeable Kobo and calibre user but there is something that is a mystery too me.

I tend to sideload a lot of content to my Libra Colour from Google Drive; content that I've done a "Save to disc" from calibre. This is due to the majority of my computer work is done on a ChromeBook that has calibre installed on the Linux side.

While the ChromeBook does allow sharing of an USB attached device to Linux it appears as /mnt/chromeos/removable/KOBOeReader and the USB device info is not shared.

What I find though is that the Kobo does not always display the cover of the sideloaded content while sleeping, while it does display a thumb nail in the My Books view.

Any suggestions?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:04 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Typical! I decide to maybe try to gather info on the issue, so take a full directory listing of the Kobo along with a copy of the database; copy a new ePub to the device and allow the Kobo to process the book. Open the book and.... I see a cover when it sleeps

Maybe time to try again, but this time copy it from Google Drive rather than via USB.
Advert
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Typical! I decide to maybe try to gather info on the issue, so take a full directory listing of the Kobo along with a copy of the database; copy a new ePub to the device and allow the Kobo to process the book. Open the book and.... I see a cover when it sleeps

Maybe time to try again, but this time copy it from Google Drive rather than via USB.
You could try NickelMenu . There is an option to Import books.

Code:
menu_item :main :Import books       :nickel_misc        :rescan_books_full
That that would help. I don't really know. But it cannot hurt to try.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:52 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

And of course, I just tried via Google Drive and all worked perfectly as well. Sigh
Old Today, 04:47 PM   #5
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If the cover doesn't show up, it probably means the OPF is malformed and doesn't link to the cover image correctly.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert