Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2024, 04:09 AM   #1
kittenmittens
kittenmittens began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Color
Question Dictionary pop up refreshes screen due to color?

Hello!

I feel pretty silly posting this, especially as a new member - I usually am better about just googling and finding solutions but I haven't been able to find anything about this. I'm sorry in advance if I overlooked any other threads that were obvious. I really tried! :')

I've noticed that the Kobo Libra Color will do a screen refresh (causing the black flash) anytime I do a word lookup (which my clara doesn't do). I'm assuming it's because of the highlight color options that appear in the popup - is there any way that I can "hide" the colors in a menu somehow? (Have attached a few animated gifs to show what I mean, if it helps, as well as the menu I'm talking about.)

This isn't a huge deal - it's mainly annoying because I feel like I know why it's happening but don't know enough about the kobo's brain to be able to "fix" it.

Thank you for any help! I'm sorry if this is a stupid question!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	clara-noflash.gif
Views:	65
Size:	952.0 KB
ID:	209077   Click image for larger version

Name:	libracolor-flash.gif
Views:	63
Size:	1,006.6 KB
ID:	209078   Click image for larger version

Name:	highlightcoloroptionspopup.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	209079  

Last edited by kittenmittens; 06-22-2024 at 04:11 AM.
kittenmittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 06:21 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Yes, Kaleido screens have worse ghosting performance than regular Carta screens, and Kobo is compensating for this with aggressive refreshing. There's nothing you can do about it, as there are currently no LC or CC-specfic patches to influence the refreshing behaviour. On monochromatic devices, you can do multiple dictionary lookups on a single page, but turning the page will force a refresh to clean up any ghosting from the dictionary pop-up window.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2024, 06:38 PM   #3
kittenmittens
kittenmittens began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Color
Ah, good to know. Thank you. Knowing there isn't any way I can fix it yet actually makes me feel better so I don't keep banging my head against a brick wall. Thank you!
kittenmittens is offline   Reply With Quote