Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #1
kobo_sucks
kobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to behold

Device: Kobo Touch
epub, where do you save them to on Kobo Touch

Is there a folder you have to put epubs in within Kobo?
You just anywhere?

Win XP
kobo Touch
kobo_sucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #2
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

root folder ie ther first folder you see where there are other folders...
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #3
kobo_sucks
kobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to beholdkobo_sucks is a marvel to behold

they is 2 folders

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
root folder ie ther first folder you see where there are other folders...
From memory there are only 2 main yellow folders? That's the first thing you see 2 folders, so which one?
Old 10-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobo_sucks View Post
From memory there are only 2 main yellow folders? That's the first thing you see 2 folders, so which one?
not in those folders just same location as those folders!
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 07:54 AM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
For the sake of organization, you can also create a "Books" directory and place all your books in there.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2013, 08:13 AM   #6
kobo_sucks

Like a yellow folder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
For the sake of organization, you can also create a "Books" directory and place all your books in there.
I just splattered a whole heap of ePub books next to the 2 main yellow folders (windows OS) but it would be definitely be tidier if I had placed them in a 3rd yellow folder labelled "books", I just wasn't sure if I was allowed to do that. Now I know.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
kobo_sucks

Solved thread closed thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohtse View Post
not in those folders just same location as those folders!
I've just successfully transfered the epub books over.

How do we close the thread ?
Old 10-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
I created a folder called my books here. That's where I have caliber send my books too. All 4700 of them.
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #9
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
I just splattered a whole heap of ePub books next to the 2 main yellow folders (windows OS) but it would be definitely be tidier if I had placed them in a 3rd yellow folder labelled "books", I just wasn't sure if I was allowed to do that. Now I know.
You can always connect the reader to your PC again and move them into a Books directory, that won't harm anything.

If you use Calibre at all to transfer books, you can also set it up to automatically place all books into the Books directory as well.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #10
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
How do we close the thread ?
Just abandon the thread and it will slide down the list. Someone may reopen it a year from now.

My folder structure has a folder called ebooks either on the internal or external storage and then a collection of author folders inside. For the most part, I simply use search to locate a book (author, title, series).

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote