Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 11:02 AM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
You don't have an English dictionary installed?

See attached images. Sorry for the screen glare and fisheye effect. I'm in the office with awful overhead lighting.

I rarely use the built in dictionary, so don't know how long this problem existed. I discovered it last night (what is 'horehound candy'?). I have let the Clara sync repeatedly and have restarted it a couple of times, but no joy. It looks like the dictionary is installed if that little check means anything. But still, I cannot look anything up. Wikipedia worked when I tested it.

I have a Clara BW running 4.39.23027. I did install a few patches (remove row 3 from home screen and larger covers, maybe a couple of others I forgot about) and have the better hyphenation dictionary installed. I also have geometricprecision set. I have never messed around with replacing the installed dictionaries.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	948.3 KB
ID:	209837   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	642.8 KB
ID:	209838   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	9