Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2021, 11:21 AM   #1
dhampny
Enthusiast
dhampny began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 & Voyage, Kobo Forma & Libra 2
kobo touch extended driver creates kepub in calibre library

Please excuse me if this has been asked and answered already. I've searched but haven't been able to find an answer to what I see happening when I use the kobo touch extended driver.

My understanding is that the driver should create a kepub file only on my Libra 2 or Forma when I send an epub to it. However, in my case, the driver also creates a kepub format file in my Calibre library. So I end up with both epub and kepub format files of the book. It does correctly convert the epub format of my ebook and send it to the Kobo as a kepub (kobo epub) ebook.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
dhampny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 11:35 AM   #2
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
This really is a Calibre/plugin question. More help and discussion specific to the driver:

Kobo Touch Extended Driver
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2021, 12:47 PM   #3
dhampny
Enthusiast
dhampny began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 & Voyage, Kobo Forma & Libra 2
Yes, I had read some of those 176 pages and had searched in that thread and google but found no help. I'll post my question there. Thanks.
dhampny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2021, 01:31 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Colour, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhampny View Post
Yes, I had read some of those 176 pages and had searched in that thread and google but found no help. I'll post my question there. Thanks.
There are very knowledgeable contributors there who typically respond fairly quickly.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote