Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM   #1
Denodan1
Enthusiast
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Wow, like my Kobo Clara, abd the reasons.....

I have been reading using my paper-white. A great ebook reader and wanted colour this generation, so much better than the first.

Had a Boox colour, with first Gen of colour eink, but poor quailty screen, went through 3, all faulty, with bright dots, so reluctant to buy a Boox this time round.

Anyway back to my paper-white. A great e reader, and 6.8 screen, but boy, compares to the Clara, is it heavy.

The Clara is not only a good size and more comfy in mu hand, can hardly feel it's their and being smaller easier to turn pages.

Found a couple of graphic novels, in pdf format, and find works well, just needed to find the right size without moving the screen to much and words big enough.

To read comics is fine, but the smallest you could ever want. Think 144% was my ideal setting in pdf, and no pdf is not as bad as people claim it is on this.

Sure there are tradeoffs, and while the 7" makes things easier, they are also bulker and heavier, as I found out with my paper-white.

Funny thing I also find reading on the Clara easier and a bit clearer, which being slightly darker maybe why.

Last edited by Denodan1; Yesterday at 09:33 PM.
Denodan1 is online now   Reply With Quote