Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 05:29 PM   #1
tedster101
tedster
tedster101 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
missing down loads

I borrowed a book from my local Library and I sent it to my Downloads file. From there I r]tried to send it to ADE but ADE declined and went into a coma.

So I tried to use Calibre to convert it to load on to my Kobo Glo. However, when in Calibre, when I try to add books, the Downloads folder is Empty??? When I log out of Calibre, the downloads file has the said book showing. What am I doing wrong? I am using Windows 10 and the latest versions of Calibre and ADE>
tedster101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:53 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra H2O, Libra Colour
Does tbe folder contain an ePub or just an acsm file? I expect it's just the acsm that is used by ADE to actually download the ePub.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #3
tedster101
tedster
tedster101 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
When I download from the library to my Downloads file is is usually in the acsm file. The thing is sometimes a book is accepted by ADE and other times I get error messages or ADE stops responding. I though Calibre might convert the acsm to epub but when I go to "add" the book from the download file, the folder is empty.
tedster101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 10:22 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedster101 View Post
When I download from the library to my Downloads file is is usually in the acsm file. The thing is sometimes a book is accepted by ADE and other times I get error messages or ADE stops responding. I though Calibre might convert the acsm to epub but when I go to "add" the book from the download file, the folder is empty.
No, Calibre can't convert an acsm to an epub. The acsm is just a type of "ticket" that tells ADE where to download the actual book from.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote