Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-21-2024, 06:03 AM   #1
quoddle
Enthusiast
quoddle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Lost Comments from Edit metadata page

I was editing downloaded comments on the Edit Metadata page when something happened and the screen closed. Now when I open it the layout has changed and the Comments section is not there.

I've looked though the Preferences option but can't see anything that appears to set what is displayed on the main Edit Metadata page.

How do I get the comments to display again?
quoddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 06:22 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by quoddle View Post
I was editing downloaded comments on the Edit Metadata page when something happened and the screen closed. Now when I open it the layout has changed and the Comments section is not there.

I've looked though the Preferences option but can't see anything that appears to set what is displayed on the main Edit Metadata page.

How do I get the comments to display again?
Check this setting:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-21 201056.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	210926

And make sure you are looking at the appropriate Tab panel in the MDE screen

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-09-21 201702.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	210928

For me it's in the Basic metadata panel

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2024, 06:39 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My guess is that the comments panel has been closed by pulling down the slider (dots on the panel border). Reopen it by pulling the slider up.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2024, 06:52 AM   #4
quoddle
Enthusiast

Thanks. It seems something weird is going on. I don't see the screen you have
If I use Custom or Show on 1 Tab then the comments do appear on the Edit Metadata screen but when I select the Default option as it was previously the Comments aren't there so it looks is if the Default is corrupted perhaps?
Old 09-21-2024, 06:58 AM   #5
quoddle
Enthusiast

Sorted!
I had inadvertently reduced the size of the Comments box such that it disappeared. Now restored to normal
Thanks for the help.
Advert
Old 09-21-2024, 06:59 AM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Comments saw the light and wandered off to the far right:

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote