Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 05:59 PM   #1
foreverconfused
foreverconfused began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Color 633
Kobo stylus 2 better alternatives

Hi everyeone. I am going to buy Kobo Libra Colour soon. However, I am reconsidering whether I want to get Kobo Stylus 2 along with it. I have read from a few people that its nibs need to get replaced every few weeks or so, which is not so ideal for me and their nibs are quite expensive, especially for people who write a lot. Searching the internet, I have found that certain Renaisser models, Microsoft Surface pen and Wacom Bamboo pen (not sure about this one) are supposed to work with Kobo Libra Colour.

I need a few clarifications before I proceed to choose the appropriate pen:
1) Am I right in assuming that they all have comparable writing quality and they all have an "erasing" option?
2) I will have a glass screen protector over Kobo Libra Colour's screen, should the pens still write in this case?
3) I would prefer replaceable batteries, but if it is built-in batteries, how long would they hold a charge and how many cycles (I am guessing around a 1000?)
4) I would also prefer pens with nibs that are designed to last, or wear out over a long period of time. I had an HP active pen which had a nib that wouldn't really wear out even after years of writing.

Please also add other alternatives as I am sure there should be a few more.
Thanks in advance
foreverconfused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:43 PM   #2
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
All Kobo devices use active pens, so Wacom pens will not work. Using hard nibs can damage your screen, so it's not advisable unless your device was designed for that. The SuperNote family of devices is the only one that supports everlasting ceramic nibs without damaging the screen; every other device needs felt, rubber, or a similar material that wears away so as to not damage the screen.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
colour, kobo, libra, stylus