Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:48 PM   #1
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Page Count/Read Time not showing up

I just installed calibre (7.19) on a new PC (Ubuntu 24.04). I installed all my plug-ins and they are all working okay, except for page count/read time. I just can't get it to show. I've attached relevant screenshots. These same settings worked fine under my Windows 10 install. I feel like I make a simple error somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kobo Touch Extended.png
Views:	33
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	211248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Columns.png
Views:	26
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	211249  
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Your setup looks pretty much identical to mine. I'm going to assume that the word and page count names are correct at #words and #pages. Next question is in the Sending Books to Devices preference, do you have metadata management set to auto?

You can connect your Kobo and do a manual metadata update from Kobo Utilities. If you see the page & word count and approximate time to read in the book details then, automatic management is likely not enabled.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-10-06 162756.png
Views:	19
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	211257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-10-06 163153.png
Views:	18
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	211258  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 08:08 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
...in the Sending Books to Devices preference, do you have metadata management set to auto?
Boom! That was it. It was set to Manual. Once I switched it, all worked. Thank you!
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Great to hear that it's working for you now!
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote