Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 09-29-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
O Henry Award Winners 2015

O Henry Prize Stories 2015
http://www.amazon.com/The-Henry-Priz.../dp/1101872314

Well I've finished the 2015 O Henry Prize Stories Anthology…re-read a few of the entries....Pretty typical I think….

The outstanding story for me was probably Snow Blind by Elizabeth Strout (Virginia Quarterly Review)

which was not selected by any of the judges. (The three judges read all the stories in the collection and select one of them as their favorite and write a bit about it.)

The other two stories I really liked were
“A Ride Out of Phrao” by Dina Nayeri (Alaska Quarterly Review) and
“Birdsong from the Radio” by Elizabeth McCraken (Zoetrope: All-Story)

Close followups were
“Finding Billy White Feather” by Percival Everett (Virginia Quarterly Review)
“Owl” by Emily Ruskovich (One Story)

I expect to see at least a couple of these in The Best American Short Stories 2015 which is out is about a week. 

A few of those are available on line.
Anyone else read this anthology or stories?
Would love to hear about your favorites.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote