Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old Today, 01:10 AM   #1
NDT7300
NDT7300 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Leaf 2
Flash International Rom into China Onyx Boox Leaf 2

Hi guys, I just bought an Onyx Boox Leaf 2 from China and i just wonder that can we flash or somehow make it into international version?
Thanks for your help
NDT7300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:39 AM   #2
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3, Poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDT7300 View Post
I just bought an Onyx Boox Leaf 2 from China...
Then it's not a Leaf2. It may be a Leaf2Q or who knows what.
Code:
adb getprop | grep finger
Do you have this rooted yet?
Renate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 09:57 AM   #3
NDT7300

It said that its leaf 2p and i already root that
Old Today, 10:15 AM   #4
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDT7300 View Post
It said that its leaf 2p and i already root that
Please be precise in these things. You mean Leaf2_P ?

I don't have any custom recovery for Leaf2 anything.
I may get around to it if you pull recovery for me.
You'll still have to do some work to get this working.
Old Today, 10:30 AM   #5
NDT7300

Yeah. Its Leaf 2_P how can i pull recovery for you
Advert
Old Today, 10:38 AM   #6
Renate
Wizard

Code:
C:\>adb shell
$ su
# dd if=/dev/block/by-name/recovery_a of=/sdcard/rec.img
# ^D
C:\>adb pull sdcard/rec.img
Old Today, 10:44 AM   #7
NDT7300

Here is the rec.img I have pull from my Boox

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IAw...usp=drive_link

Sorry i dont know how to upload file here
Old Today, 11:32 AM   #8
Renate
Wizard

Yeah, you can either zip it or just change the extension to something innocuous like .prc

I had done previous work on a Leaf2 custom recovery, but I never got it working.

You may need EDL if you get your device in a jam.
Old Today, 12:13 PM   #9
NDT7300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renate View Post
Yeah, you can either zip it or just change the extension to something innocuous like .prc

I had done previous work on a Leaf2 custom recovery, but I never got it working.

You may need EDL if you get your device in a jam.
So this is possible to do that right?
Im gonna get an EDL cable
Old Today, 02:31 PM   #10
Renate
Wizard

No, I'm just saying that is the worse case if you get stuck.
If you can buy one easily and cheaply it's not a bad idea.
OTOH, if you have plenty of cables and can make one, that's an option too.
Old Today, 04:23 PM   #11
Renate
Wizard

So, here's how to try out a recovery.
Code:
C:\>adb push rec.img sdcard
C:\>adb shell
$ su
# getprop | grep slot
_a                           -- it will say either _a or _b, use that in the next command
# dd if=/sdcard/rec.img of=/dev/block/by-name/recovery_a
# reboot recovery
It will reboot and will take about 15 seconds.
See if ADB is active, it should be.
If not, press the power button for 10 seconds to reset.
If ADB is there just type some commands to make sure ls -l or whatever.

When you're doing this you should download and run my usblog.exe (in my sig).
That way you can watch for USB interfaces popping up and down.
05c6/900e is a kernel crash. After reset make sure that the clock is correct.

Last edited by Renate; Today at 04:44 PM.