Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 08:40 PM   #1
Eric Carroll
Eric Carroll began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Nexus 7
Kobo Store & ADE - E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TOO_SHORT

I have 2 installations of ADE & Crossover (wine) installed that was known working as of 2 Jul 2024 when I last downloaded books from the Kobo store. I have been using this download workflow for at least 10 years with Kobo.

As of 2 weeks ago, using ADE with Kobo's download gets the dreaded E_ADEPT_DOCUMENT_TOO_SHORT error. This is happening on all my books in the store.

This doesn't happen on my ebooks.com account, just kobo.com, so ADE seems to still be functioning.

The usual statement is to deauthorized & reauthorize ADE, which I have tried multiple times (including clearing the registry key) but that has not cleared the problem.

I have opened a ticket with Kobo so we shall see what they say.

Does anyone else have any insight into what might be going on & how to work around it or resolve it?
Eric Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:27 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What do you see when you open the .acsm file with a text editor? Do the .acsm files work with another application such as calibre ACSM plugin?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert