Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
jmterry2014
jmterry2014 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Question Newbie MobileRead(er) with Sony 600

Hi, ya'll,
I'm new to ebooks. And I just got a new Sony 600. I'm excited abou7t MobileRead because I've already found Calibre and a lot of good information on how to work with Epub and Sony... I do have one question though. I just bought an epub book from the Sony Store and the Reader wanted me to authorize my Sony 600 for Adobe Epub DRM protection. If I do that, will Epub books I have on the Sony 600 become "crippled" or melt like a snowball in Miami?
Thanks
Joe T
jmterry2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
The authorization will allow you to read DRM ePubs on your Reader. I'm assuming since you have not previously registered with ADE then any ePubs currently on your Reader do not have DRM. Let me know if I didn't understand the question correctly.

BTW, welcome to MobileRead.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 09:41 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Joe and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #4
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Welcome to MR,

You'll find all the Help you ever need here !

Have a great day,
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:56 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
The PRS-600 is an awesome Ereader.

Welcome to MR!!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2010, 11:03 PM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. the PRS 600 is an awesome reader and I just love mine.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	welcomebear1thumb.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	48082 to the forum, Joe.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
I love my 600 too! Authorizing your Reader for Adobe won't affect any other files on it. It's only a one time thing you have to do.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
jmterry2014
jmterry2014 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Thanks everybody for saying Hello! And I'm going to authorize the Adobe protection, because I've backed up the existing non-drm epub files to the harddrive. I don't expect any problems, but I'll let you know if I do... Thanks again for the warm welcome!
jmterry2014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adobe epub drm, newbie, sony 600