Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 01:57 PM   #1
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unable to Search Within Books

I have a new, latest gen Paperwhite and I am unable to search for text within any books. I highlight a word in the book and choose Search and it comes up with zero results. I've tried searching for "The" and it finds zero results. I have tried with multiple books and all tell me zero results for known words. I have tried side loaded books as well as purchased Kindle books. I have reset the device but still no search. The books I assume are indexed as I don't get the "not yet indexed" warning that I do on some of the books.

Firmware: 5.16.9
HogDrvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:18 PM   #2
HogDrvr
Connoisseur
HogDrvr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Solved (somewhat)
Resetting the device did not make a difference. I had to factory reset the device before it would start searching again. What a pain!
HogDrvr is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert