Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-25-2013, 07:57 PM   #1
automa
Zealot
automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.automa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Can you make Table of Contents automatically on Calibre?

For example is there a function that could make all the Chapters, together with the chapter title, have heading 1? Instead of putting the headers on them one by one.
automa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by automa View Post
For example is there a function that could make all the Chapters, together with the chapter title, have heading 1? Instead of putting the headers on them one by one.
The first thing I try is the Edit TOC feature of calibre even without chapter mark up sometimes the internal html of book is split on chapters and this feature can create a TOC from that info. If I can't create a TOC using this feature I move to the below.

When I have a book that has labeled chapters such as Chapter 1, Chapter 2 etc.. or the chapters just labeled 1, 2, 3 etc... During the conversion process I enable Heuristic processing to mark up the chapter headings (see attached) and I force the use auto-genterated TOC (see attached). Often this will work flawlessly.

If this doesn't provide the results your looking for sometimes the Eidt TOC feature can clean it up, but most likely I would go to Sigil at this point and manually markup the chapters.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heuristic_processing.jpg
Views:	683
Size:	195.7 KB
ID:	114128   Click image for larger version

Name:	TOC.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	114129  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert