Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Today, 10:48 AM   #1
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Libra Color, Nxtpaper 11
Announced: reMarkable Paper Pro (color)

See here.

Sells for ~€650 + ~€50 for a better pen + ~€250 for an additional keyboard.
Oh, and shipping is free.

Last edited by DrChiper; Today at 11:39 AM.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:17 AM   #2
Tiebird
Tiebird began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo libra colour
Saw a youtube video popping up and already ordered one. Gallery 3 based screen + 11.8" would make it very nice for reading comics.

No support for CBR or CBZ but we can convert that to pdf. I hope this device will gain traction for mods.
Tiebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:59 PM   #3
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Nook Glowlight 4, Apple iPad Pro 12.9"
Not a single video shows what a page turn looks like, which was the Achilles heal of the Gallery3 screen: really long page turns (5+ seconds). I hope these new 2024 Gallery3 screens have solved that problem.

Hopefully we'll get some "hands on" videos soon. I'm surprised that they didn't some out to influencers early for a launch day hand-on review.
apastuszak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:05 PM   #4
apastuszak
Evangelist
apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.apastuszak reads for the sheer pleasure of reading.

Just watched my first "hands-on" video and not a single attempt at a page turn?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3xjYCmA4WY
Old Today, 01:08 PM   #5
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by apastuszak View Post
Not a single video shows what a page turn looks like, which was the Achilles heal of the Gallery3 screen: really long page turns (5+ seconds). I hope these new 2024 Gallery3 screens have solved that problem.

Hopefully we'll get some "hands on" videos soon. I'm surprised that they didn't some out to influencers early for a launch day hand-on review.
You can check out My Deep Guide's review, he's usually very thorough: https://youtu.be/ZkEg8WLeW4Q?si=Jqa9jGfBToyshSN2
dmalinovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:12 PM   #6
apastuszak
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalinovsky View Post
You can check out My Deep Guide's review, he's usually very thorough: https://youtu.be/ZkEg8WLeW4Q?si=Jqa9jGfBToyshSN2
Finally! Thank you!

You can see page turns starting here:

https://youtu.be/ZkEg8WLeW4Q?t=1630
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #7
apastuszak
Evangelist

So, the page turns are significantly better than they were on the original Gallery3 devices from 2023.

And an 11.8" screen for $579 is actually a reasonable price for that screen size and a Gallery3 panel.

I'm tempted, but I'd really want CBR/CBZ support for reading comics. It would be nice if Onyx came out with a Boox device that used this screen. Then I could install a comic book reader from Google Play.

I really don't want an eNote. I want a large screen color eBook reader. I hope this is the beginning of wave of large screen Gallery3 devices.
Old Today, 04:49 PM   #8
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
It's bonkers.

Gallery is only good for retail signage and failing there.

A TCL NxtPaper 11 is "paper-like" and about 1/2 the price. Comparable reading time to an eink ereader.

This is the last gasp of a niche company that's had one and a half products in their entire existence. I had a reMarkable. An awkward copy of a Sony DPT. No USB MTP or storage. It was a stupid design of PDF and notes, not an ereader.

$579 for something that's like treacle to use is really bad value.

The official page is high on hype and sparse on any details, like the company has always been.

Page turn time?
How does notetaking work? Regular eink is 10 times faster and can't do conversion preview.
Storage for user documents?
Metadata/search support. The eink reMarkable has little more than a file browser. Useless for a large library.

This probably is not an ereader and is likely poorer than reMarkable 2 for notes.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote