Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-22-2022, 07:28 AM   #1
crunchy.triffiid
crunchy.triffiid began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Forgotten Content server password

How do I get around this, I need to clear it & start again?
Any clues will be appreciated…..I have no idea where to start.
crunchy.triffiid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 08:17 AM   #2
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
This assumes you have access to the PC where Calibre content server is running. If not, you'll probably have to ask the admin of that server.

If you're using the Calibre GUI you can do this by going into Preferences->Sharing over the net->User Accounts and then select the user you want to reset the password and then click change password. You can then change or see the password.

If you're using the CLI on a headless server you can type "calibre-server --manage-users" and you'll get a little menu with numbered prompts that will let you change the password or see it.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2022, 03:05 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy.triffiid View Post
How do I get around this, I need to clear it & start again?
Any clues will be appreciated…..I have no idea where to start.
Preferences: sharing over the net: User Accounts (a tab):change Password
you can use this to just view (see image)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	contenservPW.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	192897  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2022, 05:05 PM   #4
crunchy.triffiid

Thanks everyone I’ll give it a go
Old 03-23-2022, 12:01 AM   #5
crunchy.triffiid

Fixed thank you.
Advert