Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-10-2024, 12:16 AM   #1
anniet
anniet began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Kobo Libra 2 not connecting to computer

Hi,
I just bought a Kobo Libra 2 and it's not being recognised by my computer although is charging from it. I used Calibre all the time with my old Kobo and was always asked if I wanted to connect to the detected computer, but this isn't happening with the new one so I cant use Calibre with it.
The reader has updated software, I have tried all the USB ports and different cables, when I go back to the old reader it connects just fine.
What's next ??
anniet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2024, 12:53 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Have you rebooted BOTH.
Did you try updating it (the FW) via WiFi?
(FWIW mine is 4.38.21908 )

You may have a bad one (USB port)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2024, 12:56 AM   #3
Lily7
Zealot
Lily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmosLily7 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle Voyage, Paperwhite 5th gen, Kobo Libra 2
I am having the same problem with my Kobo Clara BW.

My Mac detects it, but Calibre is not detecting it. I have Calibre 6.29, the most recent version that will work with Monterey, which I am stuck with for the time being. the Clara's firmware is also updated to the latest.

I also have a Libra 2 that is running older firmware (4.33.19747) and Calibre does detect that.

Is the version of Calibre I am stuck with for now just too old to detect a Kobo with newer firmware? Or is there some way to get it to detect it regardless?
Lily7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 02:08 AM   #4
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by anniet View Post
Hi,
I just bought a Kobo Libra 2 and it's not being recognised by my computer although is charging from it. I used Calibre all the time with my old Kobo and was always asked if I wanted to connect to the detected computer, but this isn't happening with the new one so I cant use Calibre with it.
The reader has updated software, I have tried all the USB ports and different cables, when I go back to the old reader it connects just fine.
What's next ??
Which version of Calibre are you using? In my opinion the version you are working with is to old for the Libra 2 a newer or the newest version of Calibre should solve your problem.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2024, 06:27 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily7 View Post
I am having the same problem with my Kobo Clara BW.

My Mac detects it, but Calibre is not detecting it. I have Calibre 6.29, the most recent version that will work with Monterey, which I am stuck with for the time being. the Clara's firmware is also updated to the latest.

I also have a Libra 2 that is running older firmware (4.33.19747) and Calibre does detect that.

Is the version of Calibre I am stuck with for now just too old to detect a Kobo with newer firmware? Or is there some way to get it to detect it regardless?
Your version of calibre is too old to recognize your Clara BW.

You have two choices to get your Calara BW recognized by calibre.
  • Buy a new computer with an up-to-date OS that will run calibre 7.
  • Use one of the hacks to allow you to install the latest MacOS.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert