Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
Free (nook/Kindle/ChristianBk/Sony/Kobo) Freefall by K. Heitzmann [Amnesiac Suspense]

Freefall by Kristen Heitzmann is a contemporary amnesiac-in-danger mystery/suspense thriller, free courtesy of Christian publisher Baker's Bethany House imprint.

Currently free @ B&N, Amazon (available to Canadians and in the UK), and Christian Book (available worldwide).

Maybe Sony gets this one now that they're apparently getting Baker freebies again, maybe they don't. Only their price-updating bobble-birds know.

Description
When a young woman stumbles out of the Hanalei Mountains on the island of Kauai with no memory of who she is or how she got there, Cameron Pierce reluctantly agrees to investigate the mysterious circumstances surrounding her arrival. As pieces begin to fall into place, he suspects her injuries were no accident, but he's far from convinced she's an innocent victim. And there's that nagging feeling he's seen her somewhere before....

Now known as Jade, the woman begins to recall fragments of what led her to this place, and she realizes the danger isn't over. Jade and the cynical Hawaiian investigator attempt to reconstruct the threads of her identity, but the stakes are far higher than either expected.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #2
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, apparently the Sony bobble-birds have declared yea to freebie-ing this, at least for the next couple of hours, and Kobo seems to have made the Baker freebie list again, at least for selected titles.

Now also free @ Sony & Kobo (both available to Canadians).

Suggested title update that will fit:

Free (nook/Kindle/ChristianBk/Sony/Kobo) Freefall by K. Heitzmann [Amnesiac Suspense]
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 10:35 AM   #3
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
[QUOTE=ATDrake;2065959]Well, apparently the Sony bobble-birds have declared yea to freebie-ing this, at least for the next couple of hours, and Kobo seems to have made the Baker freebie list again, at least for selected titles.

When I tried to grab it right now, it gave me the "This content is not available internationally" page (I'm in Canada).
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
camiller
Addict
camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.camiller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapking View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
Well, apparently the Sony bobble-birds have declared yea to freebie-ing this, at least for the next couple of hours, and Kobo seems to have made the Baker freebie list again, at least for selected titles.

When I tried to grab it right now, it gave me the "This content is not available internationally" page (I'm in Canada).
Got the same in the US
camiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard

Sometimes that happens at Kobo. I'd try again later to see if it sorts itself out, and in the meantime it's still free at Sony and Christian Book if you need ADE ePub.
Advert
Old 05-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Amnesiac suspense? I forget what that is...
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Tough one. I'm actually a fan of "Amnesiac Suspense" subgenre* but not Christian fiction.

*well the only one I can think of is the movie The Long Kiss Goodnight. Love that movie! But I am generally interested in stories of amnesiacs.

eP

ETA and Before I Go to Sleep! That was one was definitely suspenseful!

Anyway, I got it through the Sony store (US). It downloaded fine. Probably by the time I read it (if ever?) I will have forgotten that it's Christian fiction so I'll give it an unbiased shot.

Last edited by elemenoP; 05-03-2012 at 12:26 PM.
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #8
ATDrake
Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Amnesiac suspense? I forget what that is...
It's the kind you can't keep in mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
Tough one. I'm actually a fan of "Amnesiac Suspense" subgenre* but not Christian fiction.
Read the sample and/or skim the reviews to see if anyone complains about it being too preachy? From what I've heard, there are some Christian books which are nearly secular in prose tone, with just sex and swear word omissions and occasional prayer mention and the blurb for this one doesn't sound particularly "inspirational".
Old 05-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Yes, the reviews convinced me to give it a shot. Particularly the reviews which said "it doesn't read like Christian fiction." And also, a negative review which said it shouldn't be a Christian book because two characters "hungered for each other."

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 PM   #10
Reader9000
Reader9000 is a name known to allReader9000 is a name known to allReader9000 is a name known to allReader9000 is a name known to allReader9000 is a name known to allReader9000 is a name known to allReader9000 is a name known to allReader9000 is a name known to allReader9000 is a name known to allReader9000 is a name known to allReader9000 is a name known to all

Device: Kindle
Smile

i LOVED this book. I loved the story. And I couldnt sleep until I finished it. Ive read quite a few more of Heitzmann's books and this was the best one! And yes it doesnt read like a christian book.

Im dying to read some more like it. Any recommendations send them my way!
Reader9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #11
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post

*well the only one I can think of is the movie The Long Kiss Goodnight. Love that movie! But I am generally interested in stories of amnesiacs.

eP

ETA and Before I Go to Sleep! That was one was definitely suspenseful!

Anyway, I got it through the Sony store (US). It downloaded fine. Probably by the time I read it (if ever?) I will have forgotten that it's Christian fiction so I'll give it an unbiased shot.
If you like amnesiac suspense, try Cornell Woolrich's Black Curtain.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote