Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-23-2024, 07:25 AM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Kindles on their way?

Two new devices from Amazon have appeared on the FCC website. They look like two new Kindles.

https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2A4DH-5688/
https://fcc.report/FCC-ID/2A4DH-5698/

Amazon will probably be announcing these new Kindles shortly.

Thanks to Nate Hoffelder for the heads-up and to The eBook Reader for the original story.

Last edited by pdurrant; 09-23-2024 at 07:32 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 10:29 AM   #2
Scoob
Enthusiast
Scoob is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Keyboard, Nook ST
Even though I am not in the market for a modern Kindle I am interested to see what a new Basic and Paperwhite have to offer. I'd be more excited if they had teased anything about buttons being on any of the new devices. As that most likely will not happen, I'll look forward to the unboxing and review vids.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2024, 01:40 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoob View Post
Even though I am not in the market for a modern Kindle I am interested to see what a new Basic and Paperwhite have to offer. I'd be more excited if they had teased anything about buttons being on any of the new devices. As that most likely will not happen, I'll look forward to the unboxing and review vids.
There's not much you can do to a basic Kindle other then up the screen size.

The PW could have some changes such as a 7.8" screen. Maybe a new Oasis in 8". Who really knows?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 01:48 PM   #4
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
What I would really like to see is a hybrid between the Oasis and the Scribe. Maybe an inch bigger that the Oasis 3.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 01:51 PM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I don't know if it is a glitch, but the Amazon sight says the 6" Kindle can't be shipped to my address. No problem shipping a Paperwhite. This is the U.S. website shipping to a U.S. address.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2024, 01:52 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
I don't know if it is a glitch, but the Amazon sight says the 6" Kindle can't be shipped to my address. No problem shipping a Paperwhite. This is the U.S. website shipping to a U.S. address.
An 8" PW6 would be good.
Old 09-23-2024, 01:58 PM   #7
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
An 8" PW6 would be good.
A 6" Kindle would be good.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 01:58 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
A 6" Kindle would be good.
There already is one. It's the Kindle Basic.
Old 09-23-2024, 02:29 PM   #9
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
An 8" PW6 would be good.
Nope. A 8'' Oasis.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 02:34 PM   #10
Mr Avid
Enthusiast
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3, PocketBook Era
Quote:
It is not just you. I noticed that the other day. I think that means that model has been discontinued but there is still stock in certain regions.

The Oasis 3 listing is the same for me.
Mr Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 02:38 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Nope. A 8'' Oasis.
Let the buttons run free!
Old 09-23-2024, 03:31 PM   #12
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Avid View Post
It is not just you. I noticed that the other day. I think that means that model has been discontinued but there is still stock in certain regions.

The Oasis 3 listing is the same for me.
Yes, it happens in Spain too, no Kindle 6".
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 04:14 PM   #13
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I'm guessing both are 7.8/8" with buttons, one of them with color. There's no need to update the 11th generation Kindles (Kindle and Kindle Paperwhite).

I think this would be too small to be useful for Notebooks. But they could have optional stylus for sticky notes or page annotations for print replica.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 04:46 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
My guess is that one will be a 6" device replacing the Kindle Basic likely with warm light and the other will be a 6.8/7" device possibly with buttons and stylus support (think a B&W version of the Libra Colour).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2024, 05:27 PM   #15
Frogm4n
Groupie
Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frogm4n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Since it's two devices with the same model number I'm assuming it's the PW6 and PW6 SE. The SE will need separate certification due to adding wireless charging. I doubt they'd replace the Basic before the PW considering that the PW is a full year older.
Frogm4n is offline   Reply With Quote