Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-17-2020, 02:56 AM   #1
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ONYX M96
First impression of Note3 and some questions

Well, I just received the Note3 yesterday and I played a little with it.
It is a big jump from my older M96. A lot of things missing in M96 are now in Note3. The first impression is real real good. Wow.
I have some questions about some things I missed, maybe you may have already talked about in the past:

a) I did not found a way to export notes in a png or pdf format. How can I export notes?
b) I only read ePubs, not pdf. The the ability to annotate ePubs with free-stroke is really great, but I have some fears: how can I export this kind of notes/scribbles? Changing margins, or font size "destroy" the notes, reducing them to a little icon. This is ok for writing, but not for underlined or circled words. And, BYW, how can I delete a "little icon" with a note inside?
c) Why there is only chinese and english dictionary for voice-to-text translation?
d) I want to make some keyboard experiment writing: what app/word processor is the better for fast typing?

Thank you

Fabrizio
fbrzvnrnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 09:04 AM   #2
Galunid
Zealot
Galunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and graceGalunid herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: KPW3, Kobo Clara HD, Onyx Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrzvnrnd View Post
a) I did not found a way to export notes in a png or pdf format. How can I export notes?
The bottom icon in note app (circle with "...") -> Export -> Export All Pages (PDF)/Export Single Page(PNG)
Galunid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2020, 09:27 AM   #3
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic
fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrzvnrnd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galunid View Post
The bottom icon in note app (circle with "...") -> Export -> Export All Pages (PDF)/Export Single Page(PNG)
Oh, thank you!
Old 12-19-2020, 12:28 PM   #4
james_
Connoisseur
james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.james_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3,Oasis, YotaPhone 2, Boox Note2, Mi Pad 4+, Kobo Mini & Forma
Quote:
Well, I just received the Note3 yesterday and I played a little with it.
b) I only read ePubs, not pdf. The the ability to annotate ePubs with free-stroke is really great, but I have some fears: how can I export this kind of notes/scribbles?
c) Why there is only chinese and english dictionary for voice-to-text translation?
d) I want to make some keyboard experiment writing: what app/word processor is the better for fast typing?
Fabrizio
The Scribble seemed to work okay on earlier versions so that you could switch to the Note app, and pull the scribble notes out. Now it doesn't work as far as I can see with ePubs.

The voice to text is likely using Baidu rather than Google so it doesn't have anything other than dialects of Chinese and English. If you're serious about doing lots of dictation you should probably use Google translate or similar based apps. It's also your choice of who you prefer listening to your voice and recording what you are doing...

For testing typing speed I suggest that you get a normal USB keyboard, plug into the OTG adapter and then compare with a Bluetooth keyboard. In my experiments they are pretty much the same, the eInk display slows everything down. If you just want a super simple app to type with then Writer Plus (in the Onyx app store under Study) is probably one of the fastest but I use AndrOpen Office for functionality.
james_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 03:03 AM   #5
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_ View Post
The Scribble seemed to work okay on earlier versions so that you could switch to the Note app, and pull the scribble notes out. Now it doesn't work as far as I can see with ePubs.
I see I can export the pages from ePub in pdf or png

Quote:
The voice to text is likely using Baidu rather than Google so it doesn't have anything other than dialects of Chinese and English. If you're serious about doing lots of dictation you should probably use Google translate or similar based apps. It's also your choice of who you prefer listening to your voice and recording what you are doing...
Thank you for your suggestion. I installed Gboard yesterday and it works like a charm

Quote:

For testing typing speed I suggest that you get a normal USB keyboard, plug into the OTG adapter and then compare with a Bluetooth keyboard. In my experiments they are pretty much the same, the eInk display slows everything down. If you just want a super simple app to type with then Writer Plus (in the Onyx app store under Study) is probably one of the fastest but I use AndrOpen Office for functionality.
I'll try. Actually I have a BT mechanical keyboard, and it is working fine. I have to find the time to re-map it. I usually wrote in qzerty keyboard, but it do not exist in Android so I have to remap it. Thank you for the OTG adapter, Ill try.

f.
Advert
Old 12-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #6
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

Yes, I'm trying to write using a bt keyboard and the response Is slow Also using the 'speed mode'
Old 12-23-2020, 12:23 PM   #7
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Quote:
Yes, I'm trying to write using a bt keyboard and the response Is slow Also using the 'speed mode'
My personal choice is some form of vim. It's designed for keyboard only operation. But the control codes are a steep learning curve. It's purely a text editor.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #8
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Also jota. Text Editor. I'd keep the software simple, at least for a test.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 02:11 PM   #9
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

I used VI some years ago (like1989) and Jota on my old ILiad... I'll take a look
Old 12-23-2020, 04:30 PM   #10
fbrzvnrnd
Fanatic

I made some tests with Jota. The "A2" refresh is quite good, but oblivious there are many artifacts on the screen. It is a little better writing white on black, but I'm not in love writing white on black. I also discovered a weird thing: in app optimization preferences I can choose "normal" quality, "regal", fast, A2 and Xmode. There is also a preference for ask a refresh after some operations. Well, the refresh is working only in "normal"mode. The refresh preference is ignored if I'm using, for example, fast mode. I don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but if I use fast mode or A2 mode for a while, the screen begins to be full of artifacts and there is not refresh at all. (except the regal mode, that makes a refresh for every user action). Is there a way to use fast or A2 mode and have a automatic refresh every x number of user actions?