Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 06-03-2024, 03:29 AM   #1
naenee
naenee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara BW
Hi everyone

Good morning everyone,

I thought I'd say hello as well, instead of just lurk.
I'm a long-time Kobo owner, my current one is the "Kobo Touch" (N905B), which has some battery issues as of late (going from 100% charge to 67% after a few minutes), so I think it's time for an upgrade.

Thinking of the Kobo Clara BW (no need for colour + read there are some drawbacks due to the added screen layer), looking around at reviews which are somewhat overshadowed by the Kobo Clara Colour enthousiasm

Anyway, off to browse this community, have a nice day!
naenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 03:51 AM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I would recommend the Clara BW if you are looking for a replacement 6" ereader. The display is a bit better than the Clara 2E (Carta 1200 compared to a Carta 1300). Otherwise, the MediaTek 8113 processor in the BW is a bit better than the Freescale Solo Lite in the Clara 2E.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2024, 05:39 AM   #3
naenee

Yup, I'm still a little bit on the fence, mainly due to me liking the reading/watching reviews and comparing hardware before I make a purchase. I do notice that 6" is quite small compared to the paperbacks I'm used to reading, but if the reader itself would be much larger, I'd likely find it too cumbersome to use regularly.

Last edited by issybird; 06-03-2024 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-03-2024, 05:57 AM   #4
naenee

Okay, then I will likely spring for de BW. 6" is quite small when I compare paperbacks (which I mostly read) to screensize, but if I go for a larger screen, the device itself will become too big and cumbersome.

Included a photo of my Kobo Touch v1 and some books.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo_touch_v1.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	1.44 MB
ID:	208675