Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #1
sadegh
Enthusiast
sadegh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post PW : highlights on pdf

I made lots of highlights on pdf during use use of kindle.
Now I am looking for a way to download the pdf + highlights on PC.

I dont like my clipping file structure which is useless for me.I want to have both pdf and highlights at the same time.

is there any way?
sadegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #2
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadegh View Post
I made lots of highlights on pdf during use use of kindle.
Now I am looking for a way to download the pdf + highlights on PC.

I dont like my clipping file structure which is useless for me.I want to have both pdf and highlights at the same time.

is there any way?
Separate and outside the Kindle environment? Kindle for PC probably, but other than that, no.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2015, 12:51 PM   #3
sadegh
Enthusiast
sadegh began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Separate and outside the Kindle environment? Kindle for PC probably, but other than that, no.
What do you mean kindle for pc ? Amazon's official software for kindle? never seen any where that it is capable of doing it. Can anyone confirm it?

I want to see pdf with highlights in my pc exactly the way I see them in my kindle.

FYI: In kindle device, beside each pdf in documents folder, there are two small files, one for highlight and the other for notes.
sadegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 02:34 PM   #4
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Correct, and those files are useless unless you use them with Amazon's software. Your best bet is to extract the clippings from the "My Clippings.txt" file. The calibre plugin "Annotations" can do this automatically and add it to the matching book in calibre.

Then you can add the annotations by hand from a more fully-featured PDF viewer.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:48 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Problem is that Kindle for PC does not support personal documents, in PDF format or otherwise. Unless that has changed recently. Neither does Cloud Reader.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2015, 06:41 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It would be a big help when answering your questions if you were to put what device you have in your profile, sadegh. At the moment it says "Device: none", but your posts suggest that you do in fact have a Kindle.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:02 AM   #7
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Problem is that Kindle for PC does not support personal documents, in PDF format or otherwise. Unless that has changed recently. Neither does Cloud Reader.
Kindle for PC support personal document in mobi format, i do not know in pdf
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 08:09 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendesa View Post
Kindle for PC support personal document in mobi format, i do not know in pdf
No, Kindle for PC does not support personal documents. It will open files you have locally stored on your PC, but that's not what people mean when they use the expression "personal documents"; they're referring to files uploaded to Amazon's Cloud storage.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:07 AM   #9
fendesa
Enthusiast
fendesa began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
No, Kindle for PC does not support personal documents. It will open files you have locally stored on your PC, but that's not what people mean when they use the expression "personal documents"; they're referring to files uploaded to Amazon's Cloud storage.
no look, try taking any ebook format AZW (not amazon, nor cloud amazon) and try doing opened with Kindle for PC, you'll see that it will open
fendesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:13 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by fendesa View Post
no look, try taking any ebook format AZW (not amazon, nor cloud amazon) and try doing opened with Kindle for PC, you'll see that it will open
Yes, I know that you can use Kindle to PC to open books that you have stored on your PC, but that doesn't make it a "personal document". A personal document, in terms of what we're talking about here, is a file that you've uploaded to Amazon's Cloud storage, and then download on your reading device. Kindle for PC does not support Cloud-based personal documents. Those are what we are discussing in this thread.
Old 06-17-2015, 11:08 AM   #11
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Although I believe I remember someone once mentioning they download PDOCs from the Kindle Cloud and copy them into K4PC -- and it still synced annotations/furthest page read/etc.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote