Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #1
Fidelis1970
Fidelis1970 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
How? Delete db entries without actual book file

Hello,

How can I automatically delete all Calibre db entries for which I have metadata, a cover but no actual book file?

Before asking the question here:

(1) I saw this but do not know how to actually do it: Delete empty books -> Search: formats:false -> Select all -> Remove books

(2) I saw what looks like a command line but have no idea how and where to do this: https://gist.github.com/EnigmaCurry/728652

(3) I searched here in this forum but might be using wrong keywords... Can't believe I'm the only one with this issue...

(4) and yes I have read the FAQ before asking here

(5) I even tried working with ChatGPT to build me a Python script (I'm not a programmer) and the resulting script erased all my book folders intead of just book folders without book files

Hence I'm here... Thanks for your help
Fidelis1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:40 PM   #2
Karellen
Wizard
Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Karellen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidelis1970 View Post
(1) I saw this but do not know how to actually do it: Delete empty books -> Search: formats:false -> Select all -> Remove books
See image below...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	formatsfalse.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	210417  
Karellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
In the calibre search bar, type 'formats:false' without the quotes. This will return a list of all books without a valid book format in the database when you click on Search. If you see Filter between Search and Saved Searches, click on it to change to Highlight so only the selected books will be shown. Then select all the books shown and delete them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-26 131223.png
Views:	12
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	210418  

Last edited by DNSB; Yesterday at 04:17 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
In the calibre search bar, type 'formats:false' without the quotes. This will return a list of all books without a valid book format in the database when you click on Search. If you see Filter between Search and Saved Searches, click on it to change to Highlight so only the selected books will be shown. Then select all the books shown and delete them.
That button will only be seen in the Search bar if the "Show a quick toggle button to switch between highlighting and restricting results next to the Search bar" is checked in Preferences->Searching… the default is unchecked.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Been so long since I checked that option, that I had forgotten that it could be unchecked.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert